Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@WinglessOne  I love that you compared these! It's great that they both equally depuffed, but the ingredients in the old "dirty" version definitely seem better than the new "clean" version, which seems a little oxymoronic to me. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคจ

Now I must ask @WinglessOne what are your favorite under eye patches?? 

@lmaster  This was the first question that popped in my head @WinglessOne ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  @lmaster  JayJun Green Tea Eye Gel Patch are my favorite eye patches. ๐Ÿ™‚ They soothe and hydrate the heck outta my undereyes. They can also firm skin a bit. They make me look less zombiefied after long stretches of sleeplessness. 

The eye patches I reach for most often.The eye patches I reach for most often.

I just got a jar of the Roselle Tea version of these eye patches. Looking forward to trying those, though they contain bitter orange flower extract so I probably won't use them as often as the Green Tea version. 

Ok I've used the rose version, so looks like this will be another addition to the family @WinglessOne ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒป thank you

This is so interesting @WinglessOne! Too bad they didn't keep some of the good ingredients in the "clean" version.

Thank you for the direct comparison, @WinglessOne!! Nice, I guess, that there's no overt difference in effectiveness.

Post-sun masking, for some soothing and Deep-Moisturizing:

avarelle.jpg

Spoiler
I've been wanting to try the Huxley Secret of Sahara Healing Mask for awhile now, as the Anti-Gravity Cream is so good to my skin. This has the same fragrance, which is kind of grassy/herbal. The gel is quite soothing and includes ingredients like centella asiatica, prickly pear seed oil and HA. There is something in the gel that is a bit lumpy, and I believe that would be the citrus peel (guess this one's out for @WinglessOne!).

I've used this a handful of times, and it is different from other hydrating gel masks I've tried as it begins to dry after 15-20 minutes, leaving my face feeling slightly tightened. My skin does feel nice after using it, but the tightening isn't my favorite, especially coming from a hydrating mask. Still, it is pleasant enough and will be a great summer staple.

The Avarelle Herbal Infusion Cica Extract Sheet Mask is the second I've tried from the brand. The first was the Rosehip Seed Extract Mask, which I really enjoyed. This one was good, but not something I would repurchase. The scent - what you would expect from a cica mask, and it quickly dissipated once I wore it. The fit was ok, there was some snipping involved around the eyes but that was it. I left it on around 20 minutes and removed. Very minimal tack. The strange thing was that my skin appeared brighter; not what I would expect from a soothing mask! I think there are so many good cica masks out there that I wouldn't repurchase this, but I'm not mad I tried it ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe  Both of these sound pretty decent! The Huxley mask definitely sounds like a great summer mask - do you keep this one in the fridge?

No but Iโ€™ve thought about it, @Shosh85! Itโ€™s too big for my mini fridge, I did try๐Ÿ˜„ it seems like a masks that just needs to be chilled, though-I am going to do that for next time.

The gel mask sounds interesting @eshoe you say you feel your skin is tightened,, do you think it's drying at all?

No, I donโ€™t think itโ€™s drying my skin, @lmaster. it doesnโ€™t feel that way once itโ€™s removed. I just find it unusual when gel or cream masks that arenโ€™t detox masks dry and tighten in the skin. I might be applying too thin of a layer, will note that for next time!

Good to know! Thanks @eshoe 

Now I gotta ask what your favorite cica mask is @eshoe or ones you would repurchase ๐Ÿ˜‰

I wish I had a list to go off of, @ShortErica ๐Ÿ˜ž however, most Cica masks I have tried have been good; this was probably the most ill-fitting of all. I am going to start using a physical journal to track my mask notes next month, for one year. Curious to see how that will pan out!

The Huxley mask sounds nice, @eshoe. I've found that I need to rinse most wash off masks somewhere in the 10 to 15 minute time frame anyway, so the eventual drying probably wouldn't be too much of a deal breaker for me. 

If you donโ€™t mind fragrance either, @quspork @itโ€™s a nice mask to have on hand for when you donโ€™t want to have to think about masking/what youโ€™re putting on your skin. Enzyme and peels kind of stress me out, this kind of mask I can just forget about.

This week themes d for detoskin and it's a bubbly mask

IMG_20200725_191408670.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
This was a black sheet that fit really good, scent was nutty and there is witch hazel, but this is a wash off mask so I wasn't too concerned. It started bubbling pretty quick and the bubbles stayed out of my eyes, however close to the 15 minute mark, some decided to pop on my lips and yuk did it taste gross ๐Ÿ˜† I went ahead and removed it at that point and washed my face with the good ol makeup eraser, and I have to say my skin felt very soft and clean and did look brighter, however about 5 minutes after my skin started to feel stripped uughhh so for that reason alone I wouldn't seek this one out again
Ingredients
IMG_20200725_191416127.jpg

โ€ƒ

Oh bummer about the stripping @lmaster. I don't recall feeling that way with bubble masks but it happens to me a lot with foaming cleansers. Why do they make me just a little too clean?! At least you can focus on buying better masks than this one! ๐Ÿ˜

@ShortErica yep some foaming cleansers are too drying for me too

Too bad about the stripping, @lmaster. I've unfortunately felt that with the couple of bubble masks that I've tried as well. 

3 Replies
testing