Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

It's so good, right @Shosh85?! I'm getting to the point where my sheet mask hauls are 75-80% repeated repurchases and the rest new-to-me masks. I still love trying new sheet masks but my shopping habits have changed. Well, for the most part, they have. ๐Ÿ˜‚ My skin loves their Ceramidin and Cicapair lines - not just the sheet masks, but also some of the other skincare products from those collections. 

@itsfi  I always grab some when I see it at TJ Maxx!!

That's the way to go about it @Shosh85! That's awesome that your TJ Maxx carries these masks from time to time. Gotta pick them up if you run across them. ๐Ÿ‘ The nearest TJM / Marshall's to me is just far enough away that I don't get out that way very often. Whenever I do, I tend to see more of the brand's creepy baby face masks than the sheet masks from the Ceramidin or Cicapair line. Of course mine would have a plethora of those masks whenever I happen to be in the store. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I still stop and turn the product around so that the creepy baby face is not staring at anyone. Hahaha! If there are security cameras in the store, I imagine whoever is watching must wonder "what is she doing?!" ๐Ÿ˜… 

@itsfi  Haha! I see a lot of creepy baby face at my store too..... I don't turn them around like you, but I do try to avoid direct eye contact ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Lol, avoiding direct eye contact is a must @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ™ˆ I got into the habit of turning them around at some point ๐Ÿคฃ and now itโ€™s just automatic for me when I see them on the shelves. 

Last night I had a multi-mask session. 

My eyes were treated to Vitamin C & Collagen Revitalizing Under Eye Pads.  This is made by Clear Beauty. Itโ€™s a K Beauty brand.  These were the largest eye pads Iโ€™ve used so far.  There was no fragrance. There was plenty of clear serum soaked into each pad.  No leftover in the pouch. 

They are to reduce dark circles and signs of aging. 

These felt really good.  The pad felt like a thin cotton. The pad came all around my under eye to the temples. There were no adverse reactions. After 15 minutes I removed them and my eyes looked brighter.  

I would repurchase again 

B72199B5-95E2-4DA1-897D-968C8D294454.jpeg

โ€ƒ
For my face I used purlisse Coconut +Rice Nourishing Sheet Mask.  ITโ€™s described as having a โ€œnatural fiber maskโ€.  This also says the blend of โ€œ restorative Asian botanicals delivers antioxidants and minerals to your skin

โ€œ.  The mask was well soaked with a clear serum but none leftover in the pouch.  The mask seemed like a cotton fiber one.  

This is a K Beauty brand too.  There was no fragrance. The fit was good.  But needed extra room in the eye area.  

I left it on for 15 minutes.  I had no reactions to it. There was some tacky serum left on my skin that quickly absorbed.  This morning my skin felt soft, smooth and looked a bit brighter.  

EA12635F-0562-42B0-95BE-42B7086BC982.jpeg

โ€ƒ
And lastly I used SEPHORA COLLECTION Holiday Mango Hand Mask . This had a light fruity scent.  The gloves were plastic with lots of serum all through the inside.  The gloves could be adjusted to fit good so as not to slip off.  This is also made in Korea.  

I left it on for 15 minutes. There was still some serum left in each glove.  What was let on my hands I just massaged into my hands and forearms. 

This really did soften my hands last night and they still felt soft this am. 

I would purchase again.

465A3F82-17AB-4434-A330-ED0B81CE8D5C.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Cissy63  Sounds like you had a perfect masking sesh!! I love the mango hand masks!! 

@ather  I sure did and it was wonderful ๐Ÿ˜€. My hands really appreciated the hand mask!

@Cissy63 sounds like a fabulous pampering sesh!!

@lmaster  Thank you!  It really was๐Ÿ˜€

@Cissy63 I'm glad all those worked for you! I love the Sephora hand masks. 

@Samtian @Thank you.  I really liked the hand mask. I will need more of them.  I had never used one in the past.  But I can see their appeal especially this time of year!

@Cissy63  Everything sounds nice! I haven't tried this Purlisse mask yet, but I've tried the watermelon one and loved it! ๐Ÿ‰
Those hand masks are great! I especially love buying the ones in seasonal packaging! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Thank you! This seasonโ€™s hand mask package was so festive.  Watermelon sounds great!

What a lovely multi-masking session @Cissy63! Those eye pads sound great - I like the sound of them being larger in size. Purlisse has some good sheet masks, such an underrated and under-the-radar brand. Fun fact - the founder, Jenifer Yen, played the villainness in the earlier Power Rangers franchise - a celebrity skincare brand! ๐Ÿ˜€ She's Chinese-American and combined Korean, French and Western skincare philosophies when creating the brand. 

@itsfi  Wow Power Ranger villainess! 

The countdown to Christmas this past weekend included wrapping a few gifts and a couple of detox masks - an oldie-but-goodie Kbeauty clay mask that has made many appearances on this thread and a new-to-me hair mask received as gratis that has the potential to become an oldie-but-goodie. 

12.2022 K18 + Innisfree.jpg

innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL:

Spoiler
This is a no muss, no fuss, get it done creamy, light charcoal grey hued, kaolin clay based mask that when used once or twice per week on the oiliest parts of my combination skin (nose, chin and jawline) gently but effectively exfoliates, clarifies, deep cleans, softens and smooths skin in under 20 minutes, without leaving it overly dry or tight. A little goes a long way so you get a lot of bang for your buck with this beauty. Consistent use over time, whether as a spot treatment or applied over a larger part of my face, has been an ally in the fight against maskne and periodic breakouts. It's simple in the best sense of the word and it's simply effective. A staple in my skincare collection and a repeated repurchase

K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL (received as part of K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Molecular Hair Repair Value Set โ€“ Full-Size Repair Mask & Free Travel Detox Shampoo as gratis)

Spoiler
I was a little hesitant to skip conditioner after the detox shampoo but followed the directions and applied the white, slightly pearlescent hued K-18 Leave in Mask to my hair. The gel-cream texture of the mask is lightweight, has a slightly fruity, mildly white floral scent, and is fairly easy to apply - not having used a conditioner, my hair has been slightly tangled near the ends. I use about 1-1/2 pumps for my entire hair, concentrating the product on the middle and ends, and using whatever remains on my palms on my scalp. It does not weigh down my hair and does a fairly good job detangling my hair. After 4 minutes, the product is said to have activated itself and additional products can be applied after. The first time I used this, I didn't apply any additional products or heat so I could see how the mask performed. I was initially concerned this would not give my hair enough conditioning, but I was wrong. I let my hair air dry and once it was completely dry, I did not notice any knots, tangles or frizz. My hair felt soft and looked smooth, fluffy, and slightly more full.  A little goes a long way so it'll take a while to get through this bottle. I really like the results from this mask and am happy to have it in my rotation. This has repurchase potential - unless another hair mask grabs my attention, I can see myself picking up a bottle once I make my way through this one...and the other hair masks in my collection. 
K18 Swatch (med).jpg

@itsfi  Omg this is a masking match made in heaven!! I agree I was nervous about not adding conditioner after the detox shampoo and my hair being too tangled to brush but I had the same experience you did!! I can see it being a repurchase after all my other protein masks are gone!

@ather, I was really surprised that my hair was okay without conditioner. Wonder if that would remain the case if my hair was longer. Hmm...

Ohhh, your "other protein masks"? Let's talk. ๐Ÿ˜Š Are there any favorites in your current collection that you think is on par with the K18? Which one(s) of those would you repurchase along with the K18? 

@itsfi  I have a ton of the Olaplex 3 on hand. I got a bunch of the samples when they would pop up. I also have the Briogeo Don't Despair Repair Rice Water Protein + Moisture Strengthening Treatment 5 oz/ 148 mL  I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s using the detox shampoo with the K18 or just that K18 is working so good on my hair. I donโ€™t think they compare. I would say K18 is my fav and next is the Briogeo and last the Olaplex. I also like the Ouai mask but I believe it is more of a moisture not a protein mask. I often use it because it has a mask specifically for fine hair. But the K18 is definitely my fav. The Briogeo technically you have to have the protein and the donโ€™t despair repair and itโ€™s more time consuming to use where the K18 is so fast. So I think the K18 is definitely my winner. But I wonโ€™t repurchase until after I use up all my olaplex and the Briogeo. Is there a protein mask I have missed? Thoughts? Favs?

I hope you have the most amazing holidays and you get lots of family time!! Iโ€™m sure your niece must be over excited today!! 

@ather, other than Olaplex No. 3 and Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Mask, the K18 mask is the only other protein mask I've tried. All my other masks are geared towards adding hydration or moisture back to the hair. I have maybe one detox hair mask and probably a treatment or two for an itchy scalp. At one point I thought about trying Kerastase Genesis hair mask but with all the jars of the Briogeo mask I have, I don't need any other protein hair masks for a good long time. Or well, any other hair masks actually.  Hahaha! I think a decluttering session is in order.

21,373 Replies
testing