Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe  Oh, both of these masks sound wonderful! Happy to hear you loved them! That little panda is the cutest! ๐Ÿผ

It was one of the better masking sessions Iโ€™ve had, @Shosh85 - definitely the longest I have let a wash-off marรญnate on my skin in awhile ๐Ÿ˜‚

The peek-a-boo panda makes me smile, and sometimes that silly kind of thing is just needed ๐Ÿ’

Oh this sounds good! Any noticable scent? @eshoe 

@lmaster on the sheet mask, not really ๐Ÿ˜™

Looks like a lovely mask sesh, @eshoe. Those darn hydrogels can be such a hassle to actually get on sometimes! 

It really was, @quspork. And it is funny, but I am not sure just how much those protective covers help! Although I cannot imagine trying to to it without them:) 

S for super-sized and scensational, all with a cutesy print on the packaging and the sheet mask itself. 

S - super sized + scentsational (collage).jpg

Spoiler
Let me start by saying the pinky-peach tinted The Creme Shop x Kakao Friends Call Me Smooth Firming Printed Essence Sheet Mask is super-sized all around, and includes a cute print - always a fun theme; thank you @Shosh85! The good news for me is that my extra-long forehead was fully covered. All other areas, including the nose bridge and philtrum, required some careful maneuvering to get the sheet in a position where the sheet didn't bunch up (that's a first for me, actually) and adhered and fit better. There's also flaps to cover the eyes - I don't care for eye flaps on sheet masks but some folks like them. None of these extras are dealbreakers for me, but I note them for those who might take those particular details into more meaningful consideration when deciding on whether to purchase a mask.

If you like a good peach scent, and I know there are a few of us here who do, this one has a nice, though subtle and slightly artificial peach scent๐Ÿ‘ It's not overbearingly synthetic but I wouldn't say it smelled like a fresh peach from an orchard. The fragrance is fresh and pleasant, not too sweet, and lingers longer than most sheet mask scents - all good things from my perspective.

There's a lot, and I mean, 
A LOT, of essence in the mask and in the packet as well; enough that I could have kept the mask on for well beyond my half hour wear time). What essence remains atop my skin once I removed the mask is easily and quickly absorbed into the skin with a few pats and presses here and there, though it should be noted that a film does settle onto the skin and is noticeable, at least until I follow up with the rest of my skincare routine.

I can't speak to the firming claims, and that's not at all surprising given that this is a single use mask and the only time I've used it. That said,the end results are good ๐Ÿ‘ - my 
skin feels well hydrated and slightly bouncy and my complexion looks more awake, refreshed and brightened, particularly around my eyes

This is a nice mask, one I think is worthy of repurchase but not necessarily one I'd run out to do so at full price, primarily because there are better fitting peach-scented sheet masks out there that provide similar results. It would make a cute gift though. 

@itsfi  Oh my gosh, how cute! I think I'd try this one just for the scent and cute print! ๐Ÿ‘

@Shosh85, the peach scent and print are definitely the draws to this mask. ๐Ÿ‘ The extra material is somewhat comical and not at all what I expected from The Creme Shop. 

@itsfi yep that looks like a big sheet, I'm kind of surprised bc the creme shop generally is decently sized, but the packaging is too cute and the scent sounds fabulous!! 

Same @lmaster. The oversize caught me off guard, especially from The Creme Shop. Maybe mine was just extra, not sure. The peachy goodness scent though was so nice! ๐Ÿ‘

I love that The Creme Shop can always be counted on for a cute mask. Glad it worked out well for you, @itsfi! It's hard not to like a nice light peach scent with a little extra hydration. 

@quspork, The Creme Shop seems to have expanded their range of products over the last few years. Not surprising. There's one or two sheet masks from their original lineups that I still pick up every so often.  

Thank to for including pictures of the print @itsfi  that's awfully adorable ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ’•

And I do love a sweet peach scent too ๐Ÿ˜‰

@CynthieLu, most, if not all, of the collabs that The Creme Shop has done in the sheet mask space have included printed sheet masks, which makes sense as the collabs are often done with animated series or characters. Love a good peach scent - it's a popular scent among many Asian skincare products, particularly Japanese skincare. ๐Ÿ‘

Superfood Skin Savior

Screenshot_20230511-100111.png

It might not be an animal, but this lime guy is too cute ๐Ÿ’š

• This was a white sheet that was soft and flexible, adherence was excellent and fit was wonderful
  • A bit of extra clear citrusy smelling serum, lime does stand out, it's not like cleaning product citrus either, which I appreciate
  • Wear time was 30 minutes on this one, it was so comfortable and even after 30 minutes it still didn't dry out
  • The results were moisturized, plump and hydrated skin. 
  • Not sure about the purify claims per se but still a great mask for $1.00!!
  • No tackiness at all

I would use this one again ( ingredients and photo of mask from iherb website)

Screenshot_20230511-100138.png

@lmaster  This one sounds wonderful, especially for just a dollar! The cute lime guy is definitely a nice bonus! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85 heck yes!! When I seen these, my first thoughts were,,,ohhhh if they smell anything like the ingredients, I'll be happy! I have three more to test out for scent accuracy ๐Ÿคฃ

Lime guy totally counts, @lmaster๐Ÿ˜†

@quspork its so cute, I could see him jumping around in a commercial with gudetama laying around ๐Ÿคฃ 

@lmaster, that animated lime is too cute!! I've tried a couple of masks from this brand, but I think they were part of a floral line. Love the results it gave you and that it didn't smell like a cleaning product - and for a $1.00!!! Winner, winner ...

P.S. Lovin' your S theme

21,372 Replies
testing