Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85, yeah, I try other clay masks because sometimes I just can't help myself. But I always come back to this one and a couple others. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi   What a wonderful hair and face masking session ๐ŸŒบ.  Excellent review as always!

Thank you @Cissy63! Both these masks will be staples in my routine.

Last night I used this Pink Milk Mask. It was expired so it smelled a little pungent. Milky serum. Thick mask. Face flaming red after. 10-15 min wear time.
Lots left on skin to rub in.
Greasy next day.

Mask fit really good. 

Would not repurchase.

Copied from Ipsy website-

Why You'll Love It
  • This is the ultimate winter sheet mask. Itโ€™s hydrating, softening, and gives your skin an immediate dewy glow. Yes, please!
  • Superstar ingredients like niacinamide and ginseng berry work together to help dramatically brighten your skin tone.
  • No slipping or slidingโ€”itโ€™s made with a flexible fiber material that hugs the contours of your face.
  • With a cute pink color and fresh, floral scent, these masks are perfect for your self care Sundays.

319325558_684687963237058_2305829632130887862_n.jpgfileAsset.jpg

@Samtian  Oh man, what a bummer! Did the redness last long?

@Shosh85 I went to sleep afterwards so I'm not sure. 

@Samtian, I'm all for the milky serum, but the rest is a pass! How's your skin doing now?

About the redness you experienced, did you use this sheet mask the day after you used the PTR pumpkin mask? Or, are you by chance sensitive or allergic to niacin?

@itsfi My skin was fine the next day, just greasey. I have no idea about the niacin. And nope it was quite a while after the ptr. I had finished that a week or so before. 

Hmmmโ€ฆ ๐Ÿค” I wonder what caused your skin to redden @Samtian

@Samtian  Yes for the pink mask color but no for the smell, red flaming skin and greasy next day.  But the package sure stands out ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Just finished off my sample of the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer 5 oz , I have 62 masks in my pan project, so once those come down I'm getting a full size of that baby! Up next I am testing the Korres  Pomegranate Ahas & Enzyme Resurfacing Mask, which isn't available on their site anymore...which is fitting because I liked it. It smelled good, applied easy, and my face looked pretty great in the morning. Was red after applying it but not in the morning. 

m_5d5f2daf7f617f2fd371c49c.jpg

@Samtian That PTR Pumpkin mask is one of my most favorites and definitely a well-loved one around here!! Good for you for waiting until you've used up your others - I never have that kind of restraint ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85 Haha it's hard but I need to! 

@Samtian  What a shame they d/cโ€™ed the Korres one.  Especially when you say benefits from itโ˜น๏ธ  But oh the PTR pumpkin mask is the bomb ! 

@Cissy63 Most definitely! 

The good ones always get discontinued @Samtian !!! I remember liking that korres one as well but not as much as the pumpkin 

@Kim888 That is the truth!

Ohhh, this sounds like a good one,  @Samtian, I frowned and chuckled (in commiseration) at your noting it โ€œisnโ€™t available on their site anymore โ€ฆ which is fitting because I liked it.โ€ I feel like this happens all too often. BUT I have good news for you (maybe not so good for your wallet) - I found it and other products from the range online at dermstore. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

@itsfi ooh nice! I never look at that place. 

@Samtian, they have some pretty good sales occasionally - some sitewide, some brand-specific. I haven't been on the site for a while but previously they had a program where if you created an account and included products in your wish list, you could purchase wish list items at 10% off. 10% might not make it worthwhile compared to deals you can get throughout the year, but it's an option.

W for Wedding which is a special occasion. The packaging is very pretty on this mask pack. The material on it is new to me as well and it is just lovely.  The paper thin feel of the mask is different from the thicker Japanese cotton masks I use regularly. These feel very nice on the skin and I can see why this brand specializes in special occasions masks. It is quite beautiful. I really like the hydration this gives my skin. One of my nieces is recently engaged and I will put some masks from this brand in an engagement gift basket for her.

minathayes_0-1671072095290.png

21,367 Replies
testing