Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: oh, @eshoe that should be a challenge for next year to ma...

This has sooooo much potential @sonnydee @I love ๐Ÿ’• it.

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

V is for Vegan This was a gift from the incredible @itsfi ๐Ÿค—thank you! Fit?good, almost perfect with only the usual extra in the chin area Smell? tea tree oil really takes a lead in this mask even though its in the middle of ingredients Consistency? watery,thin but no drippey mess. Ease of use?no trouble but that what this mask promises Would I  purchase/try again? I left this on for about 20 min. At that time, the mask was all but dried out but after removing i still had some serum left to soak in. After about 30 min all was soaked in & no tack. This is a solid mask..i would happily use it again after my current stash dwindles. ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

TJ Maxx/Marshalls sure will make dwindling hard @sonnydee ๐Ÿ˜‚

@sonnydee  This was such a great one! Glad to hear you think so too! So far I've been pretty pleased with Whole Foods masks!

@sonnydee love these masks too

This is definitely a nice one, @sonnydee!

@sonnydee  Sounds like a great mask!!

Yay, so happy this is one you liked @sonnydee! ๐Ÿ˜ โ€œafter my current stash dwindlesโ€ Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

The bio/cell ones are good, too @sonnydee

V is for Vita

B1000623-D157-41F4-99A4-475D289F343C.jpeg

Spoiler

Mediheal Vita Lightbeam Essential Mask Ex

This is a super thin cotton sheet mask that was saturated with plenty of serum and had a perfumy kind of scent - it's not the strongest scented mask I've used but it was obnoxious enough to give me a slight headache. The fit was ok โ€“ too long at the chin and just a little too wide at the temples. It adhered well and was comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. There was a bit of tackiness after removing but absorbed in 10 minutes. My face looked brighter, felt hydrated, soft and smooth and had a nice glow.

I really loved the results from this mask but because of the scent I wouldn't repurchase.

Spoiler
3EECF618-3B29-4406-8B0B-D21F12C31684.jpeg

Boo @Shosh85! I don't recall it having a strong scent but I swear these masks change on me. That's why I always love having a 2nd or 3rd look to see if my feelings match up. At least the results were good. Sorry about your headache. I'm sure the next mask you will use has to be better.

@ShortErica  It's funny you mention that, because for some reason I don't remember it being that strong the last time I used it - of course that was back when I wasn't saving my notes, so my memory could be off. ๐Ÿค” Great results though, so at least it wasn't all bad! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Uhhhhh @Shosh85 I can't stand a strong perfume scent on a sheet mask ๐Ÿ˜ฉ so sorry

@lmaster  I can tolerate a strong fruity scent, more than a strong floral or perfumy scent! Im happy the results were great though! 

Same here!! @Shosh85 

Oh no! That's a shame about the scent, @Shosh85. I hope your headache didn't last too long. 

Thanks, @quspork, it was fine, just needed

a couple Advil. A strong/perfumy scent is always a bummer, but at least I got good results out of it! 

@Shosh85  Darn sorry the scent wasnโ€™t great. I hate when they give me a headache!

@ather  Heavily scented masks are just not for me! It's a bummer though, because the results were really great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I agree that the results are good with this one. Iโ€™m so sorry m the scent was overwhelming for you @Shosh85. A headache is not something you want from your masking session. 

@itsfi  I do have another one of these, so I might just wait to use it when my allergies are acting up and my nose is stuffy ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

testing