Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware
|

2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!

Welcome to the final part of our 2019 Mask of the Week Challenge. Feel free to join in however often you want, on or off theme. It's just fun to share the masking adventures. Let's give some love to our winter skin.

It's almost 2020! Below is the tentative Mask of the Week Challenge schedule with everyone's suggestions. Thank you @missy415 for the reminderSmiley Happy If you have an idea, please PM me so we can look at adding it to the list. 

Spoiler

This Week’s Theme: Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their ways

Letter of the Week: “W” 

2019 Q4 Schedule

Spoiler

WEEK     LETTER       THEME

Sep 30 - Oct 6 N          Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness 

Oct 7 - 13        O           French Pharmacy Week 

Oct 14 - 20      P           Ends of the Earth - masks that use ingredients from or are made in far away places 

Oct 21 - 27      Q          Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 

Oct 28 - Nov 3 R          Duel Week V2.0 & Mask Meetup thank you @mrsmouse for suggesting the Wish Formula Bat Eye Mask!

Nov 4 - 10        S          Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask 

Nov 11 - 17      T          Gross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients? 

Nov 18 - 24      U          Flash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the time 

Nov 25 - Dec 1 V          Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 

Dec 2 - 8          W          Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their ways 

Dec 9 - 15        X           Sample Dive - I know we have them! 

Dec 16 - 22      Y           Holiday Party Prep Mask 

Dec 23 - 31       Z          Masks you discovered in 2019

tumblr_nd1ecxiMEr1squc7do1_500

2019 Mask of the Week Main Thread & Misc. Info:

Spoiler
To Post:
Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. Feel free to post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge; they are guidelines and just something we do for fun. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcomed!

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:
https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...
2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125 

Masking Surveys Thread: Curious about others' masking habits? Join the fun w/ @ShortErica:

Spoiler

Spring Masks on the Move Box🌱🌷🌈: Interested in participating in a spring box? @ShortErica has a survey that will help us curate the best plan for next year for those who would like to be involved:

Spoiler

Re: 2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!

This sounds wonderful @lmaster! 🥰 I’ve been impressed by the sheet masks in that particular series / line from My Beauty Diary. 

Something else I noticed, that I forgot to mention,, @itsfi  the under eye part of the mask stayed adhered the entire time I wore the mask,, no other masks I've tried have ever stayed down in that area

oh wow that sounds amazing @lmaster !!!

@Kim888 this mask fit perfectly for my face shape, and smelled amazing!! 

Sounds like you found a HG mask @lmaster !!! Whooo! Congratulations! 🥳

@missjeanie it is perfect in every way!

sounds really nice @lmaster 

Every aspect of this mask made it perfect @CC3616 for me anyway 😉

This sounds great, @lmaster !

They are 1.99 on beauteque website @l8totheparty  ( I think that's how you spell it)

Sounds like a dream mask, @lmaster! No swiftlets involved, right🤣

I sure hope not!! @eshoe 🤯

Ha I only say that bc I’ve found it in two of their masks, @lmaster 😉 I’ve only tried three from the brand, too🤷🏻‍♀️

No! @eshoe no birds in my mask 😂

@lmaster  This one sounds great! I've really liked all the masks I've tried from the brand! Happy to hear you loved it! 👌😃

The material is excellent @Shosh85 and the size was perfect fit for my face 🙌 I think I have one more version left to try

So nice when you get a great fitting mask @lmaster 

This was the most perfect mask @emaisgr8 

Shopping my stash I decided to pop open this deluxe sample of CAUDALIE - Instant Detox Mask It’s a creamy clay mask with a pinky peach colour. Even though I was applying a pretty thick layer, mask started drying out during application and was completely dry within 3-4 minutes and was dry to the point of being uncomfortable. Washing off a clay mask out of shower is always super messy so I prefer to wipe it off with a wet wash cloth first. Did the same with this one . Mask came off easily and a few white heads in my nose that were bothering me easily came out with slight rub of wash cloth. My face looked clean but tight which isn’t uncommon with clay masks. 
Overall it did the job it claimed to do so I can say it is an effective but not joyful mask.

CB8A9152-ADAB-44FB-A677-329BB2842B89.jpeg

“Effective but not joyful,” @fatimamummy I’d say there is a time and a place for this mask😄 Some days I’m not interested in the experience and just need a workhouse, this sounds like the perfect mask for pesky zits then!

@fatimamummy  I have a DS of this mask and keep forgetting to use it. Good to know that it dries down hard - sounds like it'd be better used as a spot treatment for me. 😉 Glad to hear it was at least effective 👍

2,878 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos473
  • tumblr_nd1ecxiMEr1squc7do1_500
  • DBA6E537-4204-4B9C-BAC9-99328D5058D4.jpeg
  • F7930E7C-1998-4A94-B1E8-611FB049BBC0.jpeg
  • 09FC297A-2486-499C-9392-C99CAB6A1924.jpeg
  • 3CA21CAF-3CEA-4FCE-8E8D-6EC2E1E34A8E.jpeg
  • 4FD98D5F-8AFB-46BC-A84A-F30270A8E8F5.jpeg
  • IMG_20191008_113107.jpg
  • IMG_20191008_113113.jpg
  • Joeur, Lookatme, Dior & Elemis