Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware
|

2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!

Welcome to the final part of our 2019 Mask of the Week Challenge. Feel free to join in however often you want, on or off theme. It's just fun to share the masking adventures. Let's give some love to our winter skin.

It's almost 2020! Below is the tentative Mask of the Week Challenge schedule with everyone's suggestions. Thank you @missy415 for the reminderSmiley Happy If you have an idea, please PM me so we can look at adding it to the list. 

Spoiler

This Week’s Theme: Sample Dive - I know we have them! 

Letter of the Week: “X” 

2019 Q4 Schedule

Spoiler

WEEK     LETTER       THEME

Sep 30 - Oct 6 N          Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness 

Oct 7 - 13        O           French Pharmacy Week 

Oct 14 - 20      P           Ends of the Earth - masks that use ingredients from or are made in far away places 

Oct 21 - 27      Q          Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 

Oct 28 - Nov 3 R          Duel Week V2.0 & Mask Meetup thank you @mrsmouse for suggesting the Wish Formula Bat Eye Mask!

Nov 4 - 10        S          Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask 

Nov 11 - 17      T          Gross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients? 

Nov 18 - 24      U          Flash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the time 

Nov 25 - Dec 1 V          Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 

Dec 2 - 8          W          Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their ways 

Dec 9 - 15        X           Sample Dive - I know we have them! 

Dec 16 - 22      Y           Holiday Party Prep Mask 

Dec 23 - 31       Z          Masks you discovered in 2019

tumblr_nd1ecxiMEr1squc7do1_500

2019 Mask of the Week Main Thread & Misc. Info:

Spoiler
To Post:
Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. Feel free to post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge; they are guidelines and just something we do for fun. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcomed!

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:
https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...
2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125 

Masking Surveys Thread: Curious about others' masking habits? Join the fun w/ @ShortErica:

Spoiler

Spring Masks on the Move Box🌱🌷🌈: Interested in participating in a spring box? @ShortErica has a survey that will help us curate the best plan for next year for those who would like to be involved:

Spoiler

Sample Dive - I know we have them!  

Re: 2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!

It’s a nice facial exfoliator @itsfi - but you are on the right track with your train of thought. Although for some reason my skin has been rather oily/combo this winter. Lots of small breakouts, haven’t pinpointed it yet except maybe the exceptionally rainy season🤷🏻‍♀️

Still haven’t tried it on my elbows, but thanks for the reminder going to try it this week!

@itsfi  So I just bought this lip scrub because of you! 😀 Also, was it you that was using the bizoo Oohhaa treatment masks? If so, there is a really good deal on them at Anthropologie. They are on sale, but if you purchase through the app they are an extra 50% off, making them 14.97 (from the normal 42). 

@PrettyPaint @itsfi the Bisoo Oohhaa made me laugh... it sounds like something little kids would say making fun of adults for kissing.  Every time one of you typed it out I had to smile Smiley Happy

I saw your post this morning @missjeanie. Not gonna lie, more than a few times on my drive to work this morning, I randomly said “bizoo Oohhaa” in a sing song-y way that kids might say it. So much fun!!! I smiled and giggled each time. I’m thinking about challenging myself to randomly (and casually) drop that into daily conversation this month. Hahaha! 😂🤣😂 I hope I can muster the courage to do it and then the willpower to not crack up! 🤪 @PrettyPaint 

@itsfi  Oh please do and update us. I know I would break out laughing if I tried it. I just sang it in my office (quietly) and it is quite enjoyable. 

This is a challenge I wholeheartedly approve of @itsfi ! Bonus points if you can do it in a professional setting!

@missjeanie  Oh you are totally right about it sounding like something kids would say! Haha! I have no idea what the meaning/reference behind it could possibly be. I'm hoping when it arrives there may be an explanation on the packaging behind the brand name. 

I pictured little kids sing song ing it when they see someone kissing. Bisou in French is kiss so that’s where my mind went. Aren’t fun product names just the best @PrettyPaint ! Now I hope it comes with an explanation for you so you can share lol

Oh that's right! @missjeanie. I completely forgot that bisou means kiss (my french is quite rusty). 

I love these lip scrubs @PrettyPaint! I have them in multiple flavors. Smiley Happy 

What are these bizoo Oohhaa treatment masks of which you speak?! I literally just returned from checking them out online. These look nice. I've used daily sheet masks in tubs like the bizoo Oohhaa (I really like saying that ... bizoo Oohhaa!) Smiley Happy but I've not tried any from this particular brand... yet. Smiley Happy Looks like they are out of stock of the pink grapefruit scented one, but I'm keeping them in mind. The lemongrass scented masks (pearl + aloe are main ingredients) and I may pick that up for a friend who loves the scent of lemongrass. Thanks so much for letting me know about this brand. The timing is great. I am going to start daily sheet masking again this month, or at least attempt to do so. This go round will be with just masks I have, not ones in a box or from a particular brand - just 31 days of sheet masks - I've set aside about 10 of them to choose from for this week, depending on how my skin is feeling - most of the masks I've picked out are hydrating or moisturizing masks (surprising, eh?! lol) but there are a few with other skincare benefits as well - and will pick out other flavors next weekend.

@itsfi  I bought the brown sugar lip scrub. That's the flavor that was on sale at ulta. Can't wait to try it. 

Ooooh so you were using another brand. Can you remind me of the name? It's bothering me now! I remember how you posted about using a daily mask for a month and it came in a tub. Hopefully the bizoo oohhaa (I agree - very fun to say) brand is good, because I stuck them in my cart to get to the free shipping minimum. The ingredients seem nice. I tried to read about them, but most of the info I could find is in Korean on their direct website.

Let me know how the daily masking goes this month. My face is a complete mess from being sick, so I should probably try to mask a bit more this month to heal my skin. It's not looking too good...haha.

@PrettyPaint, I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick. I hear ya and feel your pain - being sick is not fun and if it messes with the face, it's ... ugh!!! Just ugh!!! The change in weather doesn't help either. Hang in there - just take it step by step with masking and getting back into your skincare routine. Your skin will return to its loveliness soon enough. The ingredients in taht bizoo Oohhaa looked really good - very nourishing.

The mask I used for daily masking was the A'Pieu Hyaluthione Soonsoo Daily Sheet Mask. Here's what it looks like; I picked mine up from soko glam dot com - the brand also makes a green tea one and a black tea version as well as this one. If the bizoo Oohhaa comes in a tub similar to this one, just learn from my mistake - that tab is not meant to come completely off. One side is to remain attached so that it acts like a door. Hopefully yours comes with a pair of mini tongs. If not, e.l.f. has a pair of tweezers for $2 at Target or Walgreens that can be used to make it more hygienic when removing the mask from the tub.

IMG_8643.JPG

Thanks so much @itsfi. I totally forgot that it was a'pieu brand that you had used. That's super cool that those came with tweezers. I'll post some pics of the oohhaa when they arrive. And thank you so much about the tip about the tab on the tub. I totally would have yanked the entire thing off. I really hope the fit on these will be good. It will be pretty annoying if I wind up with a bunch of ill-fitting masks that need major surgical procedures.

Fingers crossed for the fit on those masks @PrettyPaint. My experience with sheet masks intended for daily wear is that the mask itself is smaller but also the mask material can be easily stretched and manipulated to conform to facial features. Interested to hear how they work out for you. 

@itsfi  Oh that's encouraging to hear. Usually I find sheet masks to be way too big, so smaller is definitely better for me.

@PrettyPaint I've had my eyes on that lip scrub!

@greeneyedgirl107  Yes, I had been eyeing it for months and it was like $16 at ulta, so I figured it was time I finally try it! Smiley Happy

@PrettyPaint I must've missed that sale somehow!  I think they were 50% off for Platinum and Diamond members during their 21 Days of Beauty in September, but I decided against it, and have regretted it now that it's colder!

@greeneyedgirl107  Yeah, I remember back when they were on sale for the 21 days of beauty. I had one in my cart but I can't remember why I didn't buy it. I think the flavor I chose may have sold out. There was a bigger selection that time, though. This time there was only one scent/flavor on sale. 

*politely butting into the convo - Sara Happ makes some great lip scrubs @greeneyedgirl107 @PrettyPaint! Smiley Happy Some of my favorite lip scrubs, actually. She has new packaging and a new formulation for them, which includes scrubs in tube form as well as pot containers. There's 30% off on her site right now.

@itsfi I thought the product looked different, but I wasn't familiar enough with it to be sure.  Thanks for the heads-up on the sale!  Do you know how they stack up to Bite's lip scrubs?

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos481
  • tumblr_nd1ecxiMEr1squc7do1_500
  • DBA6E537-4204-4B9C-BAC9-99328D5058D4.jpeg
  • F7930E7C-1998-4A94-B1E8-611FB049BBC0.jpeg
  • 09FC297A-2486-499C-9392-C99CAB6A1924.jpeg
  • 3CA21CAF-3CEA-4FCE-8E8D-6EC2E1E34A8E.jpeg
  • 4FD98D5F-8AFB-46BC-A84A-F30270A8E8F5.jpeg
  • IMG_20191008_113107.jpg
  • IMG_20191008_113113.jpg
  • Joeur, Lookatme, Dior & Elemis