Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware
|

2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!

Welcome to the final part of our 2019 Mask of the Week Challenge. Feel free to join in however often you want, on or off theme. It's just fun to share the masking adventures. Let's give some love to our winter skin.

It's almost 2020! Below is the tentative Mask of the Week Challenge schedule with everyone's suggestions. Thank you @missy415 for the reminderSmiley Happy If you have an idea, please PM me so we can look at adding it to the list. 

Spoiler

This Week’s Theme: Sample Dive - I know we have them! 

Letter of the Week: “X” 

2019 Q4 Schedule

Spoiler

WEEK     LETTER       THEME

Sep 30 - Oct 6 N          Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness 

Oct 7 - 13        O           French Pharmacy Week 

Oct 14 - 20      P           Ends of the Earth - masks that use ingredients from or are made in far away places 

Oct 21 - 27      Q          Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 

Oct 28 - Nov 3 R          Duel Week V2.0 & Mask Meetup thank you @mrsmouse for suggesting the Wish Formula Bat Eye Mask!

Nov 4 - 10        S          Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask 

Nov 11 - 17      T          Gross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients? 

Nov 18 - 24      U          Flash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the time 

Nov 25 - Dec 1 V          Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 

Dec 2 - 8          W          Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their ways 

Dec 9 - 15        X           Sample Dive - I know we have them! 

Dec 16 - 22      Y           Holiday Party Prep Mask 

Dec 23 - 31       Z          Masks you discovered in 2019

tumblr_nd1ecxiMEr1squc7do1_500

2019 Mask of the Week Main Thread & Misc. Info:

Spoiler
To Post:
Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. Feel free to post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge; they are guidelines and just something we do for fun. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcomed!

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:
https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...
2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125 

Masking Surveys Thread: Curious about others' masking habits? Join the fun w/ @ShortErica:

Spoiler

Spring Masks on the Move Box🌱🌷🌈: Interested in participating in a spring box? @ShortErica has a survey that will help us curate the best plan for next year for those who would like to be involved:

Spoiler

Sample Dive - I know we have them!  

Re: 2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!

Thanks so much for sending one my way @l8totheparty! 🤗 It was a nice way to end my holiday weekend. Back to work! 😆

@lmaster raised an excellent point about having skincare polishes / scrubs (and I'll extend that to masks) in rotation. I'd be interested in hearing from you lovelies about your thoughts on: 

1. how many exfoliants/polish/scrubs do you have on rotation?
  2. Also along those lines, how many wash-off masks do you usually have in your rotation? 

anchorman gif.jpg

I used to try to a Babyfacial Sunday theme weekly, but this last year I've been more into just doing whatever my skin is telling me it needs.  I've actually been using more physical exfoliants lately than chemical.  Right now I've got two chemical masks open (Babyfacial and The Ordinary AHA/BHA red one).  Physical exfoliating masks, probably around 5 (current fav's The PTR Pumpkin, SF Pumpkin).  As for wash offs, I have about 30 at the moment with 20 open.  I just did a quick count and that 20 was more than I thought I had on the go.  Must use up some, the good news is that I really tend to love a wash off mask before a shower, and I should now that I'm ashamed by my count, be able to knock off some tubes/jars with a 5 night a week wash off resolution for December.  Current favourite wash offs is the Farmacy Honey, and the Caolion Blackhead Steam Pore Pack. I have another 8 sleeping masks on the go, and those are an overnight occurrence for me so I'm not bothered by that number.  

@itsfi What are your favourites in rotation?

Listening to your skin and giving it what it needs is the best way to approach masking; skincare in general, really. 🥰

So I didn’t think I had that many open containers of wash-off mask @missjeanie ... but my word!!! 😳 I just went through them in my head (I’m sure there’s some I missed) and I have about 12. Eeeek!! That’s a lot more than I thought I had - for whatever reason I thought I had 6! 🤪 Wow. Not even close, Fi! 😂🤣😂 They’re in varying sizes and stages of use; I think I can get through about all the deluxe samples and 1 full size by the end of the year. Okay, need to revisit my plans for next year to use those up early on. 

Of the ones I’m currently rotating through, Klairs Vitamin E, Skinfood Strawberry Black Sugar Wash Off Mask, DE Babyfacial, and Farmacy Honey. Origins Charcoal Honey has been one I’ve been reaching for with some frequency in the last couple of weeks - detoxifying and nourishing in one.

@itsfi @Isn’t it funny how the number of products creeps up on us! 🙄 I looked at the skinfood strawberry last time I was in Ulta! I believe I was mentally debating between the strawberry and a honey brown sugar 🧐. I just got another 20% off coupon from them to use before December 24th and I know I’d like to pick up more of the Cosrx propolis serum (it’s beautiful but seems to go quickly), so I might head down and re-look at the skinfood. 

I have several samples that seem to never end as I am cautious and only use them sparingly. @itsfi 

It’s really smart to be cautious with exfoliants @emaisgr8! Oh yes, samples pile up on me. I went through a bunch and am so happy to have a better handle on them now. 😂

The answer to both is--- a lot. My skin loves physical exfoliation so I'm always trying out new scrubs. Usually it's sample sizes, but right now I actually have a couple full-sizes I'm using too. And wash-offs? Yeah. Those just seem to accumulate in my collection. 

Ohhh, this sounds so familiar @quspork! 😉 I went through a stage where I had rows of physical exfoliants. 😳 I thought I had a more manageable stash of wash-off masks but a quick glance told me otherwise. 😂 

@itsfi I'm pleading the fifth here 😂 I literally have too many to count and it's quite embarrassing,,,tbh..

Hahaha @lmaster! 😆 No worries. I hear ya! I   would not want to count how many essences I have waiting in the wings, ready to be put into the rotation. 😂 I *try* to limit how many chemical exfoliants I have on hand and that I have open; “try” being the operative word. 🤪😂🤣

@itsfi Lately I have been using DE babyfacial and Volition Turmeric Polish for exfoliation.  For wash offs I’ve been using Farmacy honey potion, Volition silt gelee, and Summer Fridays jet lag.

Those are some great masks @faeriegirl! How often per week do you use the Babyfacial and Volition turmeric polish?

@itsfi I use the babyfacial on Sunday and I try to use the Volition twice a week on Tuesday and Friday.

Broad answer @itsfi :

1. & 2. All of them. 🤣🤣🤣 

I've had to make a schedule so I remembered when to grab a 'moisturizing' wipe off or a 'pore' mask.  And it reminds me to use a fun sheet mask and a leave on as well 😊

I try to line them up and then go through them, 1 use at a time each.

hahaha @l8totheparty! Smiley Happy That's a good system to line 'em up and go through them. I was better in the first half of the year with my chemical exfoliants. 

First of all @itsfi I love Will 😂 I know I will have to count later for you 😊

What's not to love @lmaster?! Smiley Happy 

will ferrell I get it.gif

V is for Volition Beauty

IMG_1782.JPG

Spoiler
Starting December off with a good scrub. VOLITION BEAUTY - Turmeric Brightening Polish says it can be used on the face and the body. I’ve only had samples of this scrub and have only used it on my face. If someone here has tried this as a body scrub, I’d love to know your thoughts.

This is a quick scrub that delivers some nice results and is perfect for any time of the day – I used it this morning before heading out to run some quick errands and then meet up with friends for breakfast/brunch. I massaged this amber-hued, walnut shell polish onto wet skin, left it on for a few minutes to let my skin absorb the goodness of the turmeric extract (brightening, anti-inflammatory), gram flour (cleansing, exfoliating), olive oil (hydrating) and sesame oil (softening)  before rinsing off to reveal clearer, softer, smoother, fresh-faced complexion – all in about 5 minutes.  I noticed some dry flakes between my eyebrows before using the scrub. Buh-bye dry flakes. Smiley Wink This makes a great prep before makeup too – in the mornings or before a night out or special occasion. I have a few other polishes / scrubs I want to get through before purchasing any more but this one will definitely be a contender when that time comes.

Definitely a fan of her scrubs in jars, @itsfi. Also I am going to take a hint from you and try the VOLITION BEAUTY - Turmeric Brightening Polish on my elbows. Great suggestion to use as a body polish!

Ooh, I’d be interested in hearing how the Volition works on your elbows @eshoe. Do you like it for your face as well or is it too much for you? I know you were cutting back on exfoliating masks.

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos481
  • tumblr_nd1ecxiMEr1squc7do1_500
  • DBA6E537-4204-4B9C-BAC9-99328D5058D4.jpeg
  • F7930E7C-1998-4A94-B1E8-611FB049BBC0.jpeg
  • 09FC297A-2486-499C-9392-C99CAB6A1924.jpeg
  • 3CA21CAF-3CEA-4FCE-8E8D-6EC2E1E34A8E.jpeg
  • 4FD98D5F-8AFB-46BC-A84A-F30270A8E8F5.jpeg
  • IMG_20191008_113107.jpg
  • IMG_20191008_113113.jpg
  • Joeur, Lookatme, Dior & Elemis