Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware
|

2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!

Welcome to the final part of our 2019 Mask of the Week Challenge. Feel free to join in however often you want, on or off theme. It's just fun to share the masking adventures. Let's give some love to our winter skin.

It's almost 2020! Below is the tentative Mask of the Week Challenge schedule with everyone's suggestions. ***Changing the schedule just a bit to better fit seasons, will have up around Christmas!*** Thank you @missy415 for the reminderSmiley Happy If you have an idea, please PM me before 12/20 so we can add it to the list. 

Spoiler

This Week’s Theme: Sample Dive - I know we have them! 

Letter of the Week: β€œX” 

2019 Q4 Schedule

Spoiler

WEEK     LETTER       THEME

Sep 30 - Oct 6 N          Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness 

Oct 7 - 13        O           French Pharmacy Week 

Oct 14 - 20      P           Ends of the Earth - masks that use ingredients from or are made in far away places 

Oct 21 - 27      Q          Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 

Oct 28 - Nov 3 R          Duel Week V2.0 & Mask Meetup thank you @mrsmouse for suggesting the Wish Formula Bat Eye Mask!

Nov 4 - 10        S          Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask 

Nov 11 - 17      T          Gross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients? 

Nov 18 - 24      U          Flash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the time 

Nov 25 - Dec 1 V          Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 

Dec 2 - 8          W          Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their ways 

Dec 9 - 15        X           Sample Dive - I know we have them! 

Dec 16 - 22      Y           Holiday Party Prep Mask 

Dec 23 - 31       Z          Masks you discovered in 2019

tumblr_nd1ecxiMEr1squc7do1_500

2019 Mask of the Week Main Thread & Misc. Info:

Spoiler
To Post:
Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. Feel free to post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge; they are guidelines and just something we do for fun. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcomed!

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:
https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...
2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125 

Masking Surveys Thread: Curious about others' masking habits? Join the fun w/ @ShortErica:

Spoiler

Spring Masks on the Move Box🌱🌷🌈: Interested in participating in a spring box? @ShortErica has a survey that will help us curate the best plan for next year for those who would like to be involved:

Spoiler

Re: 2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!

@eshoe  Haha - at "I see lots of O's." I've been having trouble finding much for the O theme this week other than the oozoo bear masks and I think I posted about those before. Anyhow, I'm so glad to have found the new thread! I liked the collagen lookatme results, but I think I remember the fit was really strange on me for some reason. It's always so interesting to hear how masks fit various people in different ways. 

RE: Re: 2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!

Aghhhh I am so sorry I did not tag you!! I was having such a difficult time scanning the old thread, I went through a few pages and tagged names and then started having issues tagging πŸ™„ I am so glad you found it too!!! Thank you for being so persistent πŸ˜„ If you have any ideas for challenge weeks next year, let me know, too.

2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!

I'm going with O for Oil again with this Pacifica pineapple bubbles clarifying mask... love how it says slay oil and dirt πŸ˜† I've used this mask a couple times before, but my sinuses must have been acting up because, I could definitely smell the pineapple this go round! and it smelled amazing!! it is pinkish color, I'm assuming that's from the clay, you pump it into your hands and smooth it all over your entire face,, then it starts to bubble. it was tingling πŸ™Œ not a hurting type tho, more like a tickle. I left it on for 20 minutes, and wiped it off with my wet makeup eraser, and it came off very nicely. it says you can also tissue it off instead of rinsing,,idk if I'll ever do it that way. my skin initially was so so soft while it was wet, after my skin dried, it really felt clean and clarified, 100% i will continue to use this one, and probably repurchase after I'm out. it gets an A

I’m happy to hear this gets an A from you @lmaster, but I have to confess that my first thought was β€œdoes it smell like pineapple?” Nice that you were able to pick up a pineapple scent! 🍍 

@itsfi I think it's more of artificial pineapple,, like those pineapple life savers,, that's what it reminded me of

This one sounds great @lmaster!

If you have acne or need a good cleansing, this one works well @faeriegirl 

@lmaster  Oooh, I like how this one sounds! Happy to hear you enjoyed it! I'll definitely have to try this one out! πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

@Shosh85 this one might be my favorite compared to the bl...

@Shosh85 this one might be my favorite compared to the bliss and pick version

This looks super nice @lmaster. For some reason this particular mask was completely off my radar, so I'll have to look out for it. The smell sounds lovely - I always enjoy pacifica scents.

Pacifica has really impressed me with their price points...

Pacifica has really impressed me with their price points and results, it's definitely one to keep an eye out for @PrettyPaint

Oh this sounds like the belif foaming pore cleanser I love, @lmaster! Will have to try this one for sure.

@eshoe I think I might like this one better than the blis...

@eshoe I think I might like this one better than the bliss and pixi ones I've picked up

Sounds like this one worked out well for you, @lmaster. It's great that the scent was nice and pineapple-y!

@quspork if you are sensitive to scents, this one would p...

@quspork if you are sensitive to scents, this one would probably not be one to choose, but if not, you will most definitely enjoy it

O for oil- the Leader's White Truffle Oil Aquablend Oil Pocket Mask

IMG_20191008_113107.jpgIMG_20191008_113113.jpg

I love Leaders, but this one was a toughy for me. This is a pocket mask so you're supposed to fold and squish the package to pop the serum into the section with the mask. Or so I gathered from the instructions. But that part didn't work so well for me. Leader's mask package: 1, quspork: 0 

I ended up just putting on the mask and then cutting open the top portion and rubbing the special serum (since there was already serum on the mask) on top of the mask. Positives? There was no offensive odor (not really much of a scent at all), no tackiness after removal, fit was ok, and my skin did look pretty radiant and felt nice after removal. The only negative is the packaging and the fact that is was too darn hard to get the seal between to two sections to break. That left the mask a touch drier than it should have been I think. I will, however, own that this might have been user error, LOL. So in the end, I would use this again, but wouldn't necessarily run out to buy it. I'd give it a B. 

Sorry to hear this one didn’t work out so well for you @quspork. It’s one of the oil masks my skin likes a lot but I completely understand how interactive masks like this one can make it really difficult to use. 

@quspork  It's too bad you had a hard time with these! I've tried this and moisturizing one and really liked them both πŸ˜‰ Popping them can be challenging! It seem similar to the Oozoo Bear masks - sometimes I can get right it right away and sometimes I have to really fight with it. 

@quspork  Ok, so reading about this mask made me hungry I'll admit. Smiley Happy I don't know how I feel about masks where you pop the package to squeeze the serum into the mask portion. I'm assuming this might be similar to the oozoo bear ones (and the last time I used this one, the ear didn't have any serum in it so I think I accidentally must have popped it while storing it or something). Not sure if it's gimmick or whether the mixing serves a purpose, though I could just be naive about it. 

Seems like I've tried this mask @quspork and I'm about 99.9% sure I didn't do it right based on your experience. Sounds like I didn't miss out too much, though :/ Bummer!

I know white truffle oil sounds delicious πŸ˜‚ @quspork sor...

I know white truffle oil sounds delicious πŸ˜‚ @quspork sorry you had such a hard time
12 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos512
  • tumblr_nd1ecxiMEr1squc7do1_500
  • DBA6E537-4204-4B9C-BAC9-99328D5058D4.jpeg
  • F7930E7C-1998-4A94-B1E8-611FB049BBC0.jpeg
  • 09FC297A-2486-499C-9392-C99CAB6A1924.jpeg
  • 3CA21CAF-3CEA-4FCE-8E8D-6EC2E1E34A8E.jpeg
  • 4FD98D5F-8AFB-46BC-A84A-F30270A8E8F5.jpeg
  • IMG_20191008_113107.jpg
  • IMG_20191008_113113.jpg
  • Joeur, Lookatme, Dior & Elemis