Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware
|

2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!

Welcome to the final part of our 2019 Mask of the Week Challenge. Feel free to join in however often you want, on or off theme. It's just fun to share the masking adventures. Let's give some love to our winter skin.

It's almost 2020! Below is the tentative Mask of the Week Challenge schedule with everyone's suggestions. ***Changing the schedule just a bit to better fit seasons, will have up around Christmas!*** Thank you @missy415 for the reminderSmiley Happy If you have an idea, please PM me before 12/20 so we can add it to the list. 

Spoiler

This Week’s Theme: Sample Dive - I know we have them! 

Letter of the Week: “X” 

2019 Q4 Schedule

Spoiler

WEEK     LETTER       THEME

Sep 30 - Oct 6 N          Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness 

Oct 7 - 13        O           French Pharmacy Week 

Oct 14 - 20      P           Ends of the Earth - masks that use ingredients from or are made in far away places 

Oct 21 - 27      Q          Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 

Oct 28 - Nov 3 R          Duel Week V2.0 & Mask Meetup thank you @mrsmouse for suggesting the Wish Formula Bat Eye Mask!

Nov 4 - 10        S          Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask 

Nov 11 - 17      T          Gross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients? 

Nov 18 - 24      U          Flash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the time 

Nov 25 - Dec 1 V          Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 

Dec 2 - 8          W          Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their ways 

Dec 9 - 15        X           Sample Dive - I know we have them! 

Dec 16 - 22      Y           Holiday Party Prep Mask 

Dec 23 - 31       Z          Masks you discovered in 2019

tumblr_nd1ecxiMEr1squc7do1_500

2019 Mask of the Week Main Thread & Misc. Info:

Spoiler
To Post:
Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. Feel free to post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge; they are guidelines and just something we do for fun. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcomed!

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:
https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...
2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125 

Masking Surveys Thread: Curious about others' masking habits? Join the fun w/ @ShortErica:

Spoiler

Spring Masks on the Move Box🌱🌷🌈: Interested in participating in a spring box? @ShortErica has a survey that will help us curate the best plan for next year for those who would like to be involved:

Spoiler

Re: 2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!

IMG_6682.JPG

Spoiler
So I've tried out the drunk elephant cleansing balm a few times now, with and without the booster (even though it said not to use the booster if you use retinol but oh well). TBH, I'm not sure I love this. I find the balm really stiff and I don't think it turns as "milky" as other balms when I go to rinse. I just think as compared to my hg which is the Heimish one, or even the farmacy one, it didn't do as good of a job and also it left kind of  a weird film on my skin. 

So, I had tried out a Sample of the CT multi miracle glow balm/mask in the past and used it as a balm overnight and I wasn't impressed as it sort of left a greasy mess so this time I used it as a wash off mask. I thought it was nice - I do love the smell of all her skincare. Overall, I did find it hydrating, but when compared to other hydrating masks, I don't think this is one I'd go out and buy. 

I also had got that instagram sample of the new first aid beauty arnica relief and rescue mask. I put this on before bed. When I woke up I was fairly satisfied with how hydrated and soft my skin felt. I thought it did a good job of absorbing. I feel like in terms of rescue mask I am tempted to compare to the ren overnight recovery. I think the first aid was less sticky/absorbed better but the ren is a bit more hydrating. Overall this is nice, I'll definitely use it again, but I'm not sure I'll go out and buy the full size. 

This FAB mask does sound better than the REN mask @Kim888. Good comparison.

Thanks for the review on the FAB mask, @Kim888!

Oh that's great to hear about the first aid beauty! @Kim888 

The other night my face was feeling super tight, so I decided to use My Clarins Re-Charge sleep mask for my sample dive. This does have a light fragrance to it, but dissipated quickly and did not bother me at all. I awoke the next day to nicely moisturized skin. I paired it with one of my favorite lip balms gifted to me by the sweet @eshoe  .DD81F975-05EA-43A1-AE45-4892CEA3D906.jpeg

@emaisgr8 I’ve been curious about that line. Many Clarins products are scented (light perfume-type scent) so I’m not surprised. Also, it just makes me so happy you are enjoying that balm, I do too!

Oh, this sleeping mask sounds good @emaisgr8 

Love the Huckleberry!! @emaisgr8 

@emaisgr8 nice! I have been curious about that whole line - that sounds like it did a good job!!

It really was nice and made a difference @Kim888 

PSA: The fabulous @SportyGirly125 shared on the Tatcha board that the brand is bringing back its Kissu lip mask on December 26! 💗💕 *squeeeeee Thank you so much for sharing this news SportyGirly125! 🤗 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Brand-Loyal/The-Tatcha-Beauty-Thread/m-p/5090798/highlight/true#M81...

@itsfi Anytime.  I can’t believe it’s been over a year since it was first released 

I have been masking, I’ve just been using a lot of repeats. Here are a few new ones I’ve tried.111C89DE-5105-43C4-9BE9-CE8B9CAA8555.jpeg

I got a sample of the CT goddess clay mask in my Secret Santa gift and I really liked it. I left it on for 10 minutes. My face felt so soft and my pores looked better. I would definitely use this one again but I’m not sure I’d pay $55 for a full size🤔

I also used a DS of BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Mask. I really liked it too. I liked the scent,  it wasn’t too strong. I left it on for 5 minutes. My skin looked a bit brighter and felt hydrated. I did notice a bit of tingling. I would definitely use it again though. The When snow magic mask was also a great one. I’m not usually a fan of bio cellulose masks but this one was easy to get out of the package and I didn’t have any trouble putting it on or it staying in place. I left it on for 30 minutes. There wasn’t much serum to massage in. My face looked brighter and felt soft. I would use this one again.

I've also been using a bunch of repeats!! @faeriegirl love the when packaging

@faeriegirl This is a trio I could use every week! What did you think about the CT’s scent? It reminded me of campfire 🔥 

Love When masks @faeriegirl! Happy to hear this one is one you’d use again!

So I'm just totally outside of any of the themes this week but oh well 

Spoiler
So I tried out the Double Mask, Double Effect layering me mask. So this was a pretty interesting mask. The first layer is a standard thin cotton mask and then over top you put a thicker cotton mask that has those ear flaps for keeping it in place. Both masks were very well saturated and the fit was decent enough. Those earflap things always hurt my ears haha. It had a kind of scent when I pulled it out, but I couldn't put my finger on what, and whatever it was went away after a minute. I left it on for half an hour. Absorption was really good and after my skin felt really hydrated. Overall, I'm not sure how much of a difference having two layers made, but it was an A mask for me. 

I also tried out the Dear Packer Plum Seed Sleeping lip mask. I really like this, it's super smooth and I found it way more hydrating than the laneige one 

IMG_6668.JPG

Oh no!! @Kim888 you're telling me you like the plum lip mask??? Uughhh 🤣 now you know I'll have to try that

Thanks for the reviews. I've been curious about the dearpacker one @Kim888 

Aghhhhh please don’t tell me that about the Dearpacker @Kim888. I’ve wanted to try it and keep telling myself I need to finish a FS Laneige first. Which might never happen. 

Sounds every bit as good as I expected it to!

3,125 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos508
  • tumblr_nd1ecxiMEr1squc7do1_500
  • DBA6E537-4204-4B9C-BAC9-99328D5058D4.jpeg
  • F7930E7C-1998-4A94-B1E8-611FB049BBC0.jpeg
  • 09FC297A-2486-499C-9392-C99CAB6A1924.jpeg
  • 3CA21CAF-3CEA-4FCE-8E8D-6EC2E1E34A8E.jpeg
  • 4FD98D5F-8AFB-46BC-A84A-F30270A8E8F5.jpeg
  • IMG_20191008_113107.jpg
  • IMG_20191008_113113.jpg
  • Joeur, Lookatme, Dior & Elemis