Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello lovely masking mavens! We have outgrown the original thread started by the wonderful @Aaliaa and are beginning another masking journey. Many thanks to her and excited you are here. *Half-year update will be posted at the end of the month* To post:

Spoiler
Posting: Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. Feel free to post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge; they are guidelines and just something we do for fun. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcomed!

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

Original Thread:
https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125 

Female-owned companies, for reference:

Spoiler
Amika (Co-Founder Vita Rayhkman)
Annie’s Way (Annie Wu)
Beauty Pie (Founder Marcia Kilgore)
Biobelle (4 sisters)
Bite Beauty (Founder Susanne Langmuir)
bkr (Co-Founders Kate Cutler and Tal Winter)
bliss Spa/bliss Skincare (Founder Marcia Kilgore)
Briogeo (Nancy Twine)
By Terry (Terry De Gunzberg)
Captain Blankenship
Drunk Elephant (Tiffany Masterson) 
Esker (Shannon Davenport)
Glossier (Emily Weiss) 
Glow Recipe/Sweet Chef (Sarah Lee & Christine Chang)
Herbivore (partners Julia Wills and Alexander Kummerow)
Honest Beauty (Jessica Alba)
Indie Lee
Josie Maran
Jane Iredale
Juice Beauty (Karen Behnke)
June Jacobs
Kate Somerville
Kora Organics (Miranda Kerr)
Dr. Loretta
NuFace (Carol Cole)
Odacite (Valerie Grandury)
Omorovicza (husband and wife Stephen and Margaret de Heinrich de Omorovicza)
Ouai (Jen Atkin)
Pacifica Beauty (Brook Harvey-Taylor and husband Billy Taylor)
Pai (Sarah Brown)
Peach & Lily/Peach Slices (Alicia Yoon)
Pixi (Petra Strand)
Purlisse (Jennifer Yen)
Rael (Yanghee Paik)
Sand & Sky (twin sisters Emily and Sarah Hamilton)
Saint Jane (Casey Georgsson)
Sara Happ
Skin Laundry (Yen Reis)
Soap & Glory (Founder Marcia Kilgore)
Soko Glam (husband and wife Charlotte and David Cho)
Sol de Janeiro (Heela Yang, Co-Founder)
Summer Fridays (Founders Marianna Hewitt and Lauren Gores Ireland)
Jill Stuart
tarte (Maureen Kelly)
Tata Harper
Tatcha (Vicky Tsai)
Charlotte Tillbury
Wander Beauty (Co-Founders Divya Gugnani and Lindsay Ellingson)
Joanna Vargas
Yadah Cosmetics (Founder and CEO Anna Kang)

DelayedNeglectedDragonfly-size_restricted

SPECIAL SURVEY: PTR Mask Mashup Results Tonight!

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge Schedule

Spoiler
Jan 1 - 6AMasks you discovered in 2018 - What new loves did you discover last year? 
Jan 7 - 13BFavourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge 2018”  
Jan 14 - 20CFavourite Mask in your regular routine - What do you buy in bulk, so you always have it on hand in case of masking emergency?@itsfi
Jan 21 - 27D
Clean Week - Masks that give your skin a boost without the guilt

Jan 28 - Feb 3ELip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin 
Feb 4 - 10FVitamins Week - masks that nourish your skin with vitamins and minerals@Kim888
Feb 11 - 17GSpecial Occasion Masks - the mask(s) you use to pamper yourself@itsfi
Feb 18 - 24HGross Masks - whether it's the scent or results, share the details please!@Aaliaa
Feb 25 - Mar 3ISpring Flowers - floral ingredients or scents that add a spring to your step 
Mar 4 - 10JFemale Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Day March 8th 
Mar 11 - 17KFavourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask 
Mar 18 - 24LSample that made you buy the FS - You tried it, and decided to buy it!@itsfi
Mar 25 - 31MFavourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa?? 
Apr 1 - 7NBIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members 
Apr 8 - 14OThe Oozoo Week - share your Oozoo and Neogen loves!
Meetup: The OOZOO Capsule Rose Petal -  Saturday April 13th. 
@Shosh85
Apr 15 - 21PLuxe it Up or a Pretty on a Penny - the $ and the $$$$ of Masks 
Apr 22 - 28QSample Dive - I know we have them! 
Apr 29 - May 5RSephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks
Meetup: Sephora Collection Honey Face Mask -  Saturday May 4th. Thank you @missjeanie

May 6 - 12SOvernight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 
May 13 - 19TSummer Masks to refresh and sooth during sunny months 
May 20 - 26UFruits & Veggies Week - masks that use natural goodness to nourish your skin@Keana1
May 27 - Jun 2VGuess this Mask - using only a pic or description, see if you can stump fellow BIC masking mavens           
Meetup: Bawdy Butt Mask- Your pick Saturday June 1. Thank you @faeriegirl!                                        Meetup: Mediheal Vita Lightbeam Essential Mask EX Wednesday 5/29 thanks to @ShortErica & @Shosh85  

Jun 3 - 9WDIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Meetup: Bawdy Butt Mask 2.0

Jun 10 - 16XMorning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Meetup: Bawdy Butt Mask 3.0

Jun 17 - 23YMasks you've discovered so far in 2019
Meetup: Yadah All Day Mask Pack - Your pick Saturday June 22. Thank you @ShortErica!           Meet up: Bawdy Butt Mask 4.0 - The Finale 

Jun 24 - 30ZMasking Duel - Dare to compare 2 (or more!) masks in one session 
Jul 1 - 7AHydrating Masks to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Meetup: Crème Shop -My Melody Softer than Cookies -  Saturday July 6th. Thank you @lmaster

Jul 8 - 14BMasking Hacks - share your masking secrets that make your life easier and your skin happy 
Jul 15 - 21CLip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that summer skin 
Jul 22 - 28D’Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders! 
Jul 29 - Aug 4EMulti-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day?? 
Aug 5 - 11FBlind Pick Your Mask - Let's make it fun to use the masks in our stash!
Meetup: Sephora x Barbie thanks to @GalPalVal17 
@veronika23
Aug 12 - 18GSheet Mask Focus - from cotton to cupra, coconut gel to bio cellulose, what are your favorites and why? 
Aug 19 - 25HDrugstore & Grocery Brands Week 
Aug 26 - Sep 1IFavourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask 
Sep 2 - 8JRainbow Week - Bring out the colorful masks in every hue@Sonnydee
Sep 9 - 15KAutumn Masks - Fall goodness in a mask 
Sep 16 - 22LWhen you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW 
Sep 23 - 29MBIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members 
Sep 30 - Oct 6NSephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness 
Oct 7 - 13OFrench Pharmacy Week 
Oct 14 - 20PEnds of the Earth - masks that use ingredients from or are made in far away places 
Oct 21 - 27QOvernight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 
Oct 28 - Nov 3RLets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands 
Nov 4 - 10SForgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask 
Nov 11 - 17TGross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients? 
Nov 18 - 24UFlash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the time 
Nov 25 - Dec 1VMorning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 
Dec 2 - 8WAsian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their ways 
Dec 9 - 15XSample Dive - I know we have them! 
Dec 16 - 22YHoliday Party Prep Mask 
Dec 23 - 29ZMasks you discovered in 2019

This Week’s Theme: Masking Duel - dare to compare two or more masks to see which one is the winner! Could be ingredient, brand, line, etc.

Letter of the Week Ideas for “Z”: Share some! We will be halfway through the year the end of this week, next week we start over with "A." 

TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Winners On-going Survey: @cianni & @ShortErica suggested a survey that reflects masks currently at TJ Maxx to use as a 'cheat sheet.' No fancy graphics just raw data because I can't keep up with ya'll's shopping:

Spoiler

Mask Meetup Info:

Spoiler
We have scheduled monthly meetups as well as impromptu sessions because you cannot compare masks only once a month Smiley Very HappyPlease check the 2019 Schedule to see what meetups are coming up next. If you have an idea for a week’s Meetup or a particular month, tag me so I can add it to the schedule.

April: The Oozoo Rose Capsule, April 13th
May: Sephora Collection Mask - Honey Mask, May 4th (Thank you @missjeanie!) 
June: Bawdy Butt Mask Month. Let's try all four masks, one a Saturday (Thank you @faeriegirl!) On the 22nd we will also be trying out a Yadah mask - your pick, thanks to @ShortErica
July: @lmaster suggested a Crème Shop Sanrio Mask for our July 6th meetup, and you all voted for the My Melody Softer Than Cookies.
Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 5.38.36 PM.png

August: Sephora x Barbie thanks to @GalPalVal17!          

Re: 2019 Mask of the Week Challenge!

@eshoe  sounds yummy because I think for scents on masks I prefer foods Smiley Very Happy

I agree @GalPalVal17, anything fruity/herbal/veggie-fresh is always good!

Masking or soup- either way a nice combo, @eshoe. Smiley LOL

True😄 I’m liking the nutrient-based masks @quspork!

I feel like I’ve missed uploading a few masks from the weekend/early in the week... but I don’t even remember what I packed for lunch today....🤷🏻‍♀️

Spoiler
I started off with the Sand & Sky flash perfection exfoliating . I followed the directions this time and wet my face, massages in the treatment and then let it sit... for a lot longer than directed. Apparently I can’t put something on for less than a half hour. Again, I really liked how fine the sand was, it polished off any remaining dry skin flakes (I overdid it with TO peel last Friday). My skin absolutely felt smoother and looked brighter after this. No tight feeling at all. This has been an Ipsy product that I’m really enjoying and have put onto my loves list for the sale! 
I was going to follow up with the hello kitty tea time mask, but saw @ShortErica  using the Hoolika Hoolika green tea mask and decided to do the same. I’m indifferent to the easy open top (I guess it could be nice for some people?). It had a bit of lemony clean scent to it to me. I was sniffing for a tea scent and only noticed maybe a hint of lemon that I’d put into an iced tea? I did see some of the bubbling that shorterica noticed as well. The fit was fine for me, I left it on for about 35 minutes and the remaining serum on my face massages in quickly. I put my serum on top, then fell asleep before remembering to put on moisturizer. My face this morning wasn’t overly dry at all! I’m thinking the mask must have penetrated after the treatment really well for me to look ‘normal’ this morning. I enjoyed both ‘masks’ last night! 

C679A375-25C4-49FA-AB6B-2B9869E1F42D.jpeg

This sounds like a fabulous duo @missjeanie! <3 <3 I'm one of the people who are quite fond of the easy open top - hahaha! I dunno why, I just really like it. lol! Smiley Happy I'm looking forward to using the green tea mask you sent me; I'll have to come up with a good masking combo to go with it - green tea, of course, will be the theme. Smiley Happy

@itsfi ! I look forward to seeing your theme! Your themes are always so spot on! 

@missjeanie I've been seeing these Holika Holika masks at TJ Maxx a lot recently – I'm gonna have to go back and see what they have. That's great it turned out so well even after skipping moisturizer! 🙌

I'm happy to hear both masks were a success! 👌😃

@Shosh85 , it’s not something I normally do, but I was laying in bed putting on my last steps and fell asleep before I finished lol. It’s odd too because I wouldn’t say this was the most moisturizing mask I’ve ever used. But hey, she got the job done for sure! 

Glad to hear you liked the H.Holika green tea @missjeanie ! I also enjoy it and have a few left in my stash.

@Weetart it was a solid purchase!  I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

Both of them sound great @missjeanie!

It was a good masking day @faeriegirl !  the Sand & Sky, I have a feeling will be ordered at some point lol

Glad this worked better than the other one from this brand @missjeanie. I wouldn't want to lead you astray and have you miss out on hello kitty for a crappy masking session. I always worry that something I like will go super wrong for someone and then I'd feel guilty. Yay that this wasn't the case!

Not at all @ShortErica , I really am thinking that the first one was just a dud because I felt like a dud that day. It was a good masking day for sure!

Then maybe 2nd time will be the charm and the mask will at least be okay instead of meh next time @missjeanie. Smiley Happy

@missjeanie  I've tried the Sand and Sky before, I actually think I still have some of my sample, and I enjoy it too. Definitely makes my skin feel soft. I didn't see that Holika Holika mask at TJ Maxx when I went but I did find the strawberry one like this. So, if I see this one, I may have to pick it up. Sounds like it  did pretty well for ya.

The strawberry is the one that I tried when I was in a bad mood @GalPalVal17 !  I need to revisit that one in a better frame of mind!

The Holika Holika definitely sounds like a nice one, @missjeanie. They have some great products- I'll have to add this line of masks to my list to try!

I've been pretty impressed with the brand @quspork !  I've tried a few serums as well and quite liked them!

I'd love to try this green tea mask @missjeanie I don't t...

I'd love to try this green tea mask @missjeanie I don't think tj Maxx had them the last time I was there
1 Reply