cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

13 years old hyperpigmentation

I'm a teen who has skin problems‽

I have combination skin.I rarely get pimples but ones they go away or I pop/picked at it it wouldn't go away it will just stay there. Before I would get pimples on my forehead but now during the pandemic and we have to wear mask my pimples moved on to my cheeks. It's been 5 years and those pimple Brown patch on my skin hasn't been going away and also new ones. 

My skincare:

Cetaphil sensitive cleanser, cetaphil body-face moisturizer, The ordinary rosehip oil, Rohto Mentholatum - Melano CC Vitamin C Essence and Rohto Mentholatum - Melano CC Vitamin C Lotion (it's not lotion it's actually a toner but in Japan they call it "lotion")

Please give me tips and recommend product to help my hyperpigmentation/ brown patches on my face ( I would appreciate it if the product isn't to expensive)

Re: 13 years old hyperpigmentation

Exfoliation will be your friend! Have you heard of dermaplaning? I would highly recommend it. Be sure to moisturize afterwards!

I tried it before but I breakout 

Hey! I’m recently using the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% serum from The Ordinary to get rid of scars, tiny pimples or bumps and regulate oil production. It can also reduce the appearance of pores. I would also recommend the niacinamide from The Inkey List since these two brands are often compared. Use it after a hyaluronic acid serum (optional) and before any moisturizer. For the maskne situation I stopped using makeup or foundations that would clog my pores (now I only use mascara and lift my brows) and trust me it has helped me a lot. Every 3 hours I apply 10% benzoyl peroxide (acne treatment) but I would also recommend the Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Healing Dots. This way you can’t touch your face because you create a barrier. Although you have a good skincare routine it is important to have a treatment that attacks the pimples directly. Hope this helps!

Hi @teen072 ! I’m also a teenager and I’d highly recommend The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL . Have a great day! 😊

Hey Pumpkin!

So this is called Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. (But I think you already know that 😉.)  It’s great you’ve already got a solid cleansing routine... but these things get “set” by UV rays.

So the first step in treating them is preventing them, and using an SPF. Put it on in the morning as your last step, and get in the habit of refreshing at lunch, and the end of your school day, because this stuff has ZERO lasting power. It is worthless after two hours. Yup. You read that right. I started using SPF a little younger than you are now because of a skin disease and now I’m over 40 and have very few dark spots and ADDED BONUS zero wrinkles.

To get rid of the dark spots you have: exfoliating is your friend. You have to help yourself skin break down these stubborn pigments and clear them out. Niacinamide serums can provide an added boost. Just apply to the spots, not your whole face. And only at night. Start just once a week and slowly increase to nightly. A gentle exfoliating wash once a week can help it along. 

Good Luck! 🍀 

Thank you, I will start wearing sunscreen !!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing