Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
Anonymous Insider

my skin

so i have really dry skin and very bad redness and irratation. does anyone know how to get rid of any of that?

my skin

Sounds like a broken skin barrier! there could be several reasons why it happened. Your cleansers and toners PH levels, acids from you products, even just the manner you wipe and swipe your skin with cotton or any exfoliating tools, your immune system (allergies, common cold or flu) and hormones could also be a factor. I'm also battling redness!!! (trust me) Anyways, my suggestions are to basically go back to basic skin care and let your skin barrier heal. 1. Reduce cleansing to as simple as possible. (what I did, was i just rinsed with luke warm water in the morning, and then used a Milk cleanser at night) 2. Put away your Actives for now.. (AHA/BHA, retinol if you do.. ) 3. Hydrate your skin with skin barrier ingredients (Ceramides, Triglycerides, fatty acids) I would look for: Ceramides, Hyaluronic Acid, Peptides... 4. Protect your skin.. if you can stay st home for now, just stay indoors and away from the sun. if you are going out use Sunscreens. however sunscreens could also be irritating to your skin.. I would use a Mineral sunscreen instead of a Chemical sunscreen. just let me know if you want some product recommendations.. ^_^ good luck!

RE: my skin

To calm down the irritation you need to visit a dermatologist to obtain a steroid cream. It may be some kind of dermatitis. Then reduce your routine to the most basic: cleanser and moisturizer from a line like Avenue, Bioderma or La Roche Posay. See how your skin reacts. If your skin calms down, keep on for 30 days, then begin adding serums, etc.

Re: my skin

@Anonymous you could try the hyaluronic acid from The Ordinary to help with moisture retention and skin plumping; and for the redness and irritation perhaps Dr G's Red Blemish Clear Cream, or Tatcha's Indigo Cream.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing