Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

best chemical exfoliant for sensitive skin?

hi all! i'm looking to bring in a chemical exfoliant into my skincare routine, and i need some recommendations. 

i have normal to dry skin (more dry) and sensitive skin as well; so i'm looking for something gentle but still effective. i already have a scrub that i use about twice a week, and that works well for me. i've heard of the multiple benefits that chemical exfoliants give, so i figured that now is the best time to give it a shot.

i've heard that the FIRST AID BEAUTY - Facial Radiance Pads are good, but are there any other products that can be recommended to me? thanks in advance! 

Re: best chemical exfoliant for sensitive skin?

@adss1230 I agree, the FAB pads are a good place to start with sensitive skin. Because your skin in sensitive, start with 3 times a week, and gradually move to daily use. Make sure you have a nice hydrating serum or oil to use after to prevent your skin from getting irritated or too dry. I like Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL or KORA Organics Noni Glow Radiant Face Oil with Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 mL when I need some extra moisture. 

RE: best chemical exfoliant for sensitive skin?

Those Dr Dennis Peel pads are TERRIBLE for sensitive skin. They contain strong acids, alcohol, Witch Hazel and fragrance. Those burned my face terribly!!!! I highly recommend Herbivore’s Blue Tansy Mask

Re: RE: best chemical exfoliant for sensitive skin?

@davidLO123 

I had a horrible experience with Heribovre Blue Tansy, and I don’t have sensitive skin what so ever. To each their own. 

@adss1230  You heard right FIRST AID BEAUTY - Facial Radiance Pads are very gentle and ideal for a beginner to chemical exfoliation. If you want another option, Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Ultra Gentle Daily Peel Pads for Sensitive Skin 30 treatments + 5 bonus are also designed for sensitive skin.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing