Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

What’s a good moisturizer for sensitive skin?

I have combination skin and I’m allergic to a lot of products with fillers, dyes, and sulfates. Is there a moisturizer that anyone recommends?

Re: What’s a good moisturizer for sensitive skin?

Hi, 

I second the suggestion of trying La Roche-Posay, which is sold at pharmacies like Walgreens or CVS (or online).  Their Toleriane line is geared specifically for sensitive skin.    Avene is also very good although I tend to prefer the consistency of LRP.  I also like Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream and use it year round, although it's a bit thicker formulation than the LRP moisturizer I have so I only use it at night.

Hi @AnsleeNicole,

I highly recommend the Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi. It is also part of the Clean at Sephora section on the site. It leaves my skin with a glow and also helps hydrate it as well.

https://www.sephora.com/product/adaptogen-deep-moisture-cream-P432829?icid2=products%20grid:p432829:...

❤️ Melissa

@AnsleeNicole La Roche Posay and Avene brands are made for sensitive skin as a whole, limited ingredients. Neither at Sephora though. Another brand, Acure and their seriously soothing line.

@AnsleeNicole a lot of people really enjoy the Drunk Elephant products which are pricey BUT it's considered a "clean brand" at Sephora and you'll find the ingredient list to be full of beneficial ingredients rather than fillers.

Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Moisturizer

RE: What’s a good moisturizer for sensitive skin?

I have very dry sensitive skin too and it will react in moments to products it doesn't like. Depending on how dry you are, you might have to layer products. Use a gentle moisturizer and seal it on top with a face oil. I've found Tacha Water Cream works well without a oil on top and so does Cicapair Tiger Grass by Dr. Jart. The face oil I'm loving at the moment is Herbivore Emerald Cannabis Sativa Hemp Seed Oil.
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing