Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

What products/ingredients break you out?

I am interested to know what ingredients break you guys out.

Re: What products/ingredients break you out?

@azsunny

I'm sensitive to a good many things, but coconut oil is my skin's nemesis. I once tried a soap with mostly it in it. Ooof. Not a fun day.

I can't use a lot of products, because of rosacea/ultra sensitive skin. But I had never had a quick reaction like that.

I never had a problem with it until I got older. I think my skin is going through a drastic change with age so the stuff that used to be good for me is causing problems now.

@azsunny My skin used to love love love the Korres rose line. NOW? Breakout city!!!! I switched to belief? Same thing . Finally landed on Sunday Riley trying to fix the breakouts cause by the other two and HOLY GRAIL STATUS!  I now tend to avoid anything that I know is really better for dry skin ( like rose products) even when the website advertises that it is good for all skin types.  

I loved using Belif but the same thing happened, it was fine for a while then I started noticing patchy dry skin then super oily. The breakouts happen so quick but to heal it up takes forever!

@azsunny that is EXACLTY how it went with me with belief, too!!!!!! How strange!!!! I wonder what we were reacting to. I just think my skin doesn’t;t like the ‘water gel’ moisturizers. A similar thing happened with tarte drink of H2O moisturizer. I am a face oil girl all the way it seems!!!! 

Facial oils!! I love them and I don't have any reactions!!!

@azsunny seems like it would be the opposite, right?!

That's what I always though too and was afraid to use them. Now I can't believe I went this long without them.

@azsunny
That can certainly happen. Moisture barriers can be compromised. Hormones play such a HUGE part too. Genetics were always my curse for sensitive skin LOL 🙂

@Noor9 The only thing I am aware of that breaks me out is Vitamin C.

Conversation Stats
testing