From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

What is the best makeup remover out there?

So I have tried so many make up removers and ALL of them burns my face so bad I'm scared to take my makeup off... does anyone know where I can find one that doesn't burn at all???

Re: What is the best makeup remover out there?

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin that gets dried out insanely quickly especially from make up remover, but I love the Clinique take the day off cleansing balm works really well.  It doesn't break me out or dry out my skin and I usually follow it up with the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser.  The balm lasts me forever and makes it much more worth the $30 it costs

Re: What is the best makeup remover out there?

I highly recommend the Simple Micellar Cleansing Water. You can buy it at most drugstores, like Target, Walgreens, etc. All you have to do is pour some of the product on a couple of cotton rounds and wipe away the makeup. If that still irritates your skin, I think 100% jojoba oil or organic coconut oil will do the job. 

RE: Re: What is the best makeup remover out there?

Do you like that better than garnier?

A really gentle one I like is Fresh Soy Face Cleanser. Yo...

A really gentle one I like is Fresh Soy Face Cleanser. You can get a mini size (it lasts awhile) for only $15. It doesn't strip your skin and it has a lot of soothing ingredients in it like rose water. My face is never red, itchy, or dry after

RE: What is the best makeup remover out there?

This sounds ridiculous, I know 😂😂 but I have insanely sensitive skin, I mean I can’t even use body lotion on my face or the makeup wipes for sensitive skin. I totally recommend buying a Norwex body cloth. I’m not a norwex person or whatever but it actually works and all you have to put on it is water and your makeup will be gone with little effort. Hope this helped!

Thanks a bunch.. I will try that! 😊😘

Thanks a bunch.. I will try that! 😊😘

RE: What is the best makeup remover out there?

Have you tried double-cleansing @MrsAdame? I prefer to use an oil-based cleanser or a balm to break down my makeup and SPF and then follow it up with my regular water-based cleanser. I feel like it is much more gentle on my skin and doesn't leave my skin dry and tight. The current oil-cleanser I am using is the Tatcha One-Step Camellia Cleansing Oil and it does a really good job in removing even the toughest makeup. I also heard really great things about the Heimish All Clean Balm (which has a really great and natural ingredient list) and the Clinique balm.

Thanks so much. I will look into it! 😊😘

Thanks so much. I will look into it! 😊😘

Re: Thanks so much. I will look into it! 😊😘

Have you tried just plain coconut oil? Only thing that works for me. And yes, everything else burns - I hate it!

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing