Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

What can I do for rosacea?

I am 30, going on 31 in a month. I have red bumps, dry flaky skin, and a lot of puffiness. I have seen a huge change in my complexion since 30, particularly in the last couple of months. I have been using the following for my regimen: Origins Checks and Balances face wash, Origins Ginzeng eye cream, and Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream, which I have had success with, but suddenly having this issue. I used Origins Drink Up Intensive mask, and use all Bare Minerals make-up, which I have done for years and never had the rosacea this bad. What kind of regimen should I be doing to solve this that will also help with anti-aging?

Also forgot to mention that your skin might be reacting to the bismuth in bare minerals if you're using the original version, I had to switch to the matte version which has no bismuth, its not drying at all, don't be fooled by the name. I love it!

Could be your products don't mix well, certain ingredients etc. I would suggest a gentle cleanser like the Fresh soy cleanser, the Origins mega mushroom serum and moisturizer, if the mega mushroom moisturizer is too greasy I would use the mega mushroom serum and then use cerave night repair cream (cerave is at the drug store). This is a soothing anti aging combination, worked well for me when I had redness etc

Re: What can I do for rosacea?

@ModernPeasant I would skip Origins check and balances, it contains  mint which can be an irritant. I have rosacea-like without the bumps nor dry skin, but dehydrated. I use La Roche Posay hydrating cleanser and Neutrogena oil free moisture sensitive. Sun/heat can be a rosacea trigger so remember the spf.

You probably should take a break from everything, let the skin calm down and then re introduce-one at a time, gradually- the products.

There are prescriptions to calm rosacea.

Otc clinique redness line and origins mega mushroom.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing