Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunscreen: HELP

I have extremely sensitive skin. I’ve always broken out from anything with SPF. I’m about to be spending 8 hours a day out in the sun without shade, and really don’t want to get burned(I have really fair skin). I’ve dealt with some acne, but it’s always because of products that I’ve used(mainly new products) I usually stick with something once I know it works for me. I’ve tried the lots of neutrogena sunscreens, but never had any luck. Ive also tried Olay moisturizers with SPF, but they also break me out. I’ve also used the It cosmetics CC cream with spf, but it also broke me out. I’ve gotten fed up with trying to find a sunscreen that works, and now am willing to spend a little more to save my skin. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Sunscreen: HELP

I have the same issue and have found that the Elta MD brand works best for me. It's especially made for highly sensitized skin.  It is kinda expensive, but worth it to me.  It is a mineral sunscreen, but it actually goes on clear instead of white.  Some mineral sunscreens claim to go on clear, but really don't -- Elta MD does.  I use the one with a little tint to it though and love it.  I don't think it's currently sold by Sephora though.

I have the same problem and the only thing that works for me are 100% mineral sunscreens. You have to make sure the only active ingredients are zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. I personally use La Roche Posay Anthelios Mineral, but I hear great things about drunk elephant and coola sunscreens.

I have rosacea. I am also fair. So sunscreen is a daily occurrence. This is the best one I’ve found @beth0225 (if you are still looking).

https://www.sephora.com/product/squalane-mineral-spf-45-P429658

@beth0225 beautypedia has some great recs for sunscreen, and you can filter it by your skin type (dry, oily, normal, etc).  I've been using Derma E and liked it.  I'm going to use Banana Boat for the beach, though, b/c it's waterproof and highly rated.

RE: Sunscreen: HELP

Same issue for me, the only 2 things that I’ve reacted well to are the Drunk Elephant Umbre (no tint) and Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue (tinted) - both SPF 30 I believe and mineral. You should get samples of both at Sephora if you can to try them out. Good luck!
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing