Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunday’s Riley C.E.O rapid brightening allergic reaction

Has anyone experienced and allergic reaction? About 5 days ago I added the rapid brightening (orange bottle) to my skincare. I was fine that evening but when I woke up my face was ITCHY! Everywhere! The worse itch I’ve ever felt. I washed my face right away with cold water. I had to put hydrocortisone to help. I let my face rest a night. It itched so bad. I tried to put less the next night and woke up itchy again. It was miserable. I waited again and tried a little last night and same thing. This time my neck and my ears started itching too.

some say my skins purging, but I’m not breaking out. Just itchy and little bumps where I scratched. Should I give up and return the product? I was so hoping to love this. 😞

Re: Sunday’s Riley C.E.O rapid brightening allergic reaction

I’m just reviving this thread to thank everyone!

I’d never had any kind of negative reaction to skincare, including Vitamin C, so I was shocked when about 36 hrs after using the CEO Glow, my face and neck were bright red, painful, itchy, and bumpy. I planned to ride it out, but on day 3 when I started to see major swelling — including my eyelids where I hadn’t used product — I started googling.

Found this helpful conversation immediately, did virtual urgent care visit on Christmas Day, and started a 7-day course of oral prednisone (steroid) immediately. Less than 24 hours later, the swelling and pain are gone, and the itching is way reduced.

THANK YOU for encouraging readers to get medical attention instead of waiting! I hope everyone here has found relief. ❤️

I can't believe that there are others who have experienced what I have been going through the past few days. I have never been allergic or had a bad skin reaction to any beauty product before until now. I noticed the itching, burning feeling on my face after a few days of using the product and I thought it may have been something I ate. I finally deduced that the serum was causing the itchiness on my face. Not only that, but I also am experiencing bad itching on my eyes and haven't been able to stop scratching my eye. It even makes my ears itch. I returned the product! 

I'm going through a similar reaction right now too! From either the Good Genes or the CEO serum, luckily didn't have too bad swelling but I still have small skin color/slightly red bumps all over my face, they haven't gone away for 2 days now 😞 How did you end up healing your reaction/how long did you start to see signs of improving? It's hard to not freak out, it almost feels like they need to be exfoliated but I think that would be too rough. I've just been using Cetaphil cleanser/Cera Ve moisturizer and occassionally hydrocortisone to see if that helps. But yeah i would say I'm on day 2 or 3 with very little change. 

Yes…absolutely return it.

Me too

OMG same here. I don’t know if it’s the oil, the serum or the cream. I use the three on the same week. I have little bumps even on my ears. I’m so pissed.

What's crazy is I feel it in my ears and even my tongue! Gross!!!!

I have since figured out that all Vitamin C products produce a similar reaction. This product is much more concentrated and may not be as stable as other Vit C formulations, so it’s been the worst reaction I have had. 

Nowadays I just stay away from any Vitamin C products. I lean toward lactic acid, azeleaic acid, aha/bhas instead of Vitamin C.

Hope this helps those of you that have had this issue! Some people just can’t tolerate Vitamin C!

I stopped using a week ago and I am still recovering from my Allergic Reaction. Eyes swollen,Dry itchy face and ears, Little bumps all over face. It's aweful! I need to return but I would like to know what it is that made me react so strongly so I can know to avoid it. 

Omg I having the same issue right now ,have to go to emergency room because my face and neck swollen horrible they give me a shot because it went to my ears face and neck 

The same thing is happening to me.  I typically use the skinceuticals vitamin c but thought I'd save some money and try something new. Now it's 5 days after I first used it and I'm googling this serum+skin rash. My face and neck are itching like crazy. 

@CeCe I am having the same problem. Ears are red, itchy and burning and sides of face have broken out. I think that any vitc of higher concentration may be causing it. I got it as a sample from Sephora. I like the brand but this vit C serum seems to be the problem! I had a lesser reaction with lisa Watier essence..so keeping away f

Today we are into more and more skincare be it acids, retinols, vit c and the list goes on.. where has the simple sunscreen and moisturizer  dissappeared?? . I dont know if a patch test was mentioned on the sample!! Anyway gals please do patch test and yes I am totally angry and sad at the state of my face!!!

my skin got very irritated after using this product after 3 days…I didn't have any itching or stinging when I applied it but it got worse on the third day I used it. I have to see a doctor to treat it. 
How long your skin back to normal ? My skin is really bad itchy and tiny beads all my face. I will see my doctor on this Friday. But I worry too much 😭… will my skin back to normal ? 

No I don't really ...

I’ve had this happen twice with this product! I got it for Christmas a couple of years ago with a couple of other new products, never spot tested any of them, got a TERRIBLE rash but I couldn’t figure out which product caused the irritation so I just stopped using all the new products. I was recently gifted a Sunday Riley kit and the serum was included. I decided to give it another try with no other new products and sure enough… full face of tiny bumps, super itchy and swollen! My neck and the back of my ears also had the rash. It was awful. My derm prescribed a $200 ointment that did absolutely nothing and it didn’t clear up for 2 weeks. My skin hasn’t been the same since… uneven and red in different areas. 

I am ONE week post allergic reaction! I can't believe it might last another week! 

Ohhhh, wow, for anyone who ever feels they’re experiencing a reaction to a product, wash your face immediately and take an antihistamine to limit  the reaction as much as possible.  
polysporin with lidocaine will help with any burning while keeping the inflamed skin protected.  
patch testing just behind your ear for two to three days is generally a good idea.  It’s a nice thin and sensitive spot and is generally easy to hide if you break out 

It's sad to read of these bad reactions! I'd be more than irked. Hope everyone recovers ok!

It does underscore the importance of doing a Patch-Test ...on neck or corner of jaw for a day or 2. Esp'ly when introducing a new, chock full o' Actives  product to one's routine. Even stuff without 'Actives'. 

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! It is dangerous and can cause severe allergic reaction. It’s happened twice to me. The first time several months ago after use has swollen, red, itchy bumpy skin the next day. Very painful. My entire face was swollen. I didn’t make the connection, I thought it was something I ate. A few days ago, I used the Vit C cream again. Same thing happened. This product should be immediately taken off the market. Too many people are experiencing the same severe issues. It might be class action lawsuit time!

I agree with your posting and really this company should be in a class action lawsuit! My face has a horrible rash, dryness and miserable after one week of using it. Do you know what the procedure would be in order to start this lawsuit?

51 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
testing