Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunday’s Riley C.E.O rapid brightening allergic reaction

Has anyone experienced and allergic reaction? About 5 days ago I added the rapid brightening (orange bottle) to my skincare. I was fine that evening but when I woke up my face was ITCHY! Everywhere! The worse itch I’ve ever felt. I washed my face right away with cold water. I had to put hydrocortisone to help. I let my face rest a night. It itched so bad. I tried to put less the next night and woke up itchy again. It was miserable. I waited again and tried a little last night and same thing. This time my neck and my ears started itching too.

some say my skins purging, but I’m not breaking out. Just itchy and little bumps where I scratched. Should I give up and return the product? I was so hoping to love this. 😞

Re: Sunday’s Riley C.E.O rapid brightening allergic reaction

@DianaHuynh  Ouch:  sorry to hear this. Z did the rash go away with an antihistamine?  Is that how you know it was an allergic reaction?  

I had the same reaction to this product. I had tried a sample of it, and it caused rashes on my neck, face and even ears. It’s been a few days now, and even with the use of hydrocortisone cream, the reaction hasn’t completely subsided. I tried to figure out what my reaction was to since I’ve used vitamin c serums/creams in the past. The only thing that I can think of is that I reacted to the higher concentration of vitamin c. Anyway, I would return the product. But that’s my two cents 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

I used this product August 8th and about 48hrs after, my face became covered in a rash. I have not had issues like this ever, and my skin is not generally what one would call “sensitive”. My doctor advised doing a patch test on my wrist and again, about 48hrs later massive red rash. The disturbing thing is that the redness/rash seems to grow. When I did the skin patch test, the rash that erupted on my arm was much larger than the area that I put the product. Same on my face. It spread to my neck and even my ears.  I’m not sure what’s in this product but it’s not good. Mine was a sample from Sephora. I’ve kept the packaging. My face is still a mess and unsure how long this will last. Sunday Reily (company) and/or Sephora should be addressing these concerns. 

@Anonymous  Sorry to hear this.  Did the rash go away with an antihistamine? 

I had the same type of reaction - in addition to the itching my face and neck were also swollen and felt like sandpaper.  I’ve been taking allergy medicine to help with itchiness and it’s helped somewhat.  My skin is red and raw around the eyes.  I did reach out to their customer service and received a response back to stop the product and see a physician!  

RE: Sunday’s Riley C.E.O rapid brightening allergic reaction

Not this product but I believe it was a sample of Luna oil that did the same to me. Itchy and so many red blotches! It lasted a couple days on top of that so I have stayed away from this brand.

@cindy007 Itching is not a sign of purging. Itching is generally an allergic reaction. It would be wise to discontinue use.

RE: Re: Sunday’s Riley C.E.O rapid brightening allergic reaction

How can you say when your skin is only purging

I tried to explain this whole situation on another skincare forum, a skin expert told me my skin could possibly be “purging”. I thought... no way I’m not breaking out! I have to return the product today. Just wondering what chemical could have caused me to itch so bad. Thanks for your help.

Hate to say it but it could be the vitamin C itself... have you used a product containing it before? I've been very tentative about trying anything like this myself due to sensitive skin. I've heard that rosehip oil can be a better option (about to start trying some myself). 

Otherwise, it can be a bit of a mystery. I've started keeping a 'no no' folder on my desktop with screen shots of the products I have had reactions to, plus their ingredients lists. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos1
testing