Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Skin Care

Help!

Okay, admittedly, my skin care routine isn't the best! I have super sensitive skin so I'm super afraid to try anything! I do want to start masking! I have tried Boscia and so far so good, but I've heard AMAZING reviews about Glam Glow and Tatcha masks. Are there any Glam Glow or Tatcha masks that are good for sensitive skin? I would use it for texture and for acne prone skin. I have relatively normal skin, I'm a little oily in my T-Zone, and I have had a few dry patches in the Arizona heat.

Thank you!

RE: Skin Care

Farmacy sheet masks have been a game changer for me. I use once a week and they calm and cool my skin and infuse so much moisture. I had chronic redness before I added them to my routine and now it's completely kept at bay. The kale are my favorite.

Re: Skin Care

I haven't used any masks from Tatcha so I can't speak to those, however, I find Glam Glow a bit more harsh if you are sensitive; specifically that black one which is meant for texture. If you are looking for a good AHA mask, check Herbivore's Blue Tansy, or Tata Harper's Resurfaciing mask. Both are all natural and a little more gentle than GlamGlow. I would also patch test; typically, I'll do 1 side of my face with a new product the first time to see how my skin reacts. 

Patch test 24hrs ahead of using all over is your friend, along with keeping an eye out for ingredients that irritate you.

I have hypersensitive skin (oily combo, no patches and in an arid place) I've tried Glamglow didn't do anything for me. Origins clear improvements, cheaper than Glamglow, but works..However I don't use all over just where needed.

Humidifier, hydrating mask and an oil will help as well. 

@msmaddymack

Anonymous Insider

HELLO!!

I as well have the sensitivity/acne problem as you XD.

• I have been using Boscia Beauty Oil at night which help even out my oily T zone with my dry cheeks and jawline.
  • I have also been using the Glam Glow SuperMud mask to help with my oiliness and to help clear out the gunk in my T zone. This mask does not irritate my sensitive skin (unless it it sunburnt) and i use it about once or twice every two weeks.
  • The Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask really helps with my blemishes, acne scars, wrinkles, and unevenness. So these three products may be more expensive but it all depends on what you are looking for. I use the mask once every week for a fresh start. It also feels cooling on my sensitive skin there is no irritating after i wash off the mask either!

I have been wondering about the Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask for sensitive skin. Thanks for this tip!

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing