Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Sensitive combination skin with cystic acne

Help! Too dry, too oily, too reactive. I get cyctic acne from any extremes. I know that diet can help it (ketogenic diet has been the best so far), but when I'm in the middle of a breakout I feel and eat like crap.

Mild cream cleansers and light moisturizers have historically worked best. Had some luck with R&F, but still wasn't the answer cause I constantly had to change which products I used depending on the stage of the acne cycle my skin was in. Just want 2-3 simple products that aren't sending my skin into extremes while I change my diet.

RE: Sensitive combination skin with cystic acne

I have eczema prone skin and also get cystic and regular acne. I use spectro gel facial cleanser for combination skin. Doesn't dry out my skin but also isnt oily. My dermatologist recommended it. I have also just started using the Tarte H2o moisture gel. I really like it.

Re: Sensitive combination skin with cystic acne

For me drinking the recommended amount of water each day made a huge difference, as did changing to the Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Retinoid Night Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mLbefore bed, and doing a GLAMGLOW - SUPERMUD® Activated Charcoal Treatmenton problem areas once a week. Still get some cystic acne under my chin, but it is no longer the masses of painful bumps that I was having on a regular basis. Bonus, is a lot of general redness on my face evened out as well.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing