Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Rosacea Skin Care Routine?

Besides eating well + staying away from rosacea triggers, what are some of your skin care tips for mild rosacea? I’m also looking to see if anyone has a regular skin care routine they found that works 🙊

Re: Rosacea Skin Care Routine?

@HalMcClain Azelaic acid for rosacea redness! It's a common ingredient in rosacea meds. Some recs:

The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL

Paula's Choice Azelaic Acid Booster

My current routine may be harsh for others, but I'm acne-prone and the products keep them at bay so it depends on what issues you want to treat.

My bare bones gentle, hydrating routine:

Cleanser

Toner and/or hydrating serum
Moisturizer
Sunscreen - during day

I am really gentle with my skin and don't use any harsh cleansers. Every night I clean my face with micellar water, use a gentle toner or just rosewater, put on some niacinimide serum, then apply rosehip seed oil or marula oil. Once or twice a week I use an enzyme exfoliator. 

Hi @HalMcClain ,

Have you ever noticed that when your gut appears to be ticking along nicely, you don’t pay much attention to it? For most of us, until symptoms manifest, we don’t give our gut health as much TLC as we should. And for many of us, our skin (as our body’s largest organ) is one of the first places to alert us that something within our microbiome may be a little off-kilter.

There are many common skin conditions – such as acne, eczema and rosacea – which exhibit similar symptoms to gut conditions, illustrating just how closely the two are linked. It makes sense then that if your gut is feeling irritated, inflamed or a little out of balance, your skin can be one of the first places where symptoms manifest.

At The Beauty Chef, we often describe our gut as being like a garden – so when the soil is healthy and well-balanced nutritionally, plants are able to thrive and flourish. In terms of our gut, this analogy rings true as when our gut is in balance – with the ideal numbers and diversity of beneficial microbes – we experience optimal health and wellbeing, and glowing skin!

In a clinical trial, woman observed that GLOW improved skin luminosity, clarity, hydration & texture, as well pre-existing skin conditions- including rosacea & eczema.

We hope you find this information helpful!

xx

The Beauty Chef

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing