From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Primer Recommendations for Combo/Sensitive Skin?

I've been using Too Faced Hangover Primer for about 2 years now but am wondering if anyone with similar skin has found anything else that works well for them! Please let me know (I'm sick of the smell of coconut!) 🙂

Re: Primer Recommendations for Combo/Sensitive Skin?

@MargoAllison I so hear you on being sick of the smell of coconut. I used to love it but too many of my favourite products are using it lately and it has become a bit much. 

I have combination skin that is very sensitive. My current favourite primer is BECCA - First Light Priming Filter Face Primer. It controls my oil and works really well with my foundations. 

I do very much enjoy the feel and texture of Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g but I don’t find that it controls my oil well enough on a busy day. However, I’ll happily wear it for a short day or single outing (dinner) because it creates such a nice base to work with.

@PinkEvergreen I had been wondering if Tatcha was any good! It's a brand I'm totally new to! Thanks so much for both your suggestions!! Thank you to @kikyochan as well, I have so many new options to try out and I can't wait 🙂 Should have thought to ask the Sephora community ages ago!! You're all so wonderful!

I have combo/sensitive (slightly dry occasionally) skin too. I have used many primers (too faced hangover, guerlain L'Or radiance primer, Tatcha Silk Canvas, Touche Eclat primer, becca first light and backlight, etc) but recently I discovered Supergoop Sunseen Sunscreen SPF 40, and IT WORKS REALLY WELL AS A PRIMER. I was really suprised. I originally bought it for just using as a sunscreen, but it says it can be used as a primer. I was so shocked it worked so well. It actually works with every foundation I have ( fenty, laura mercier, ysl, hourglass, dior backstage, make up forever, it cosmetics cc cream, erborian BB cream). Usually my foundation will start to separate probably about after 8 hours, but with this primer, my foundation still looks great in the afternoon. 

i like MAC Skin Visage, Hourglass Veil Primer, and YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer for my dry combo skin.

Thank you so much @SportyGirly125 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing