Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

Just curious about how these worked for others? I see good reviews but this seems to be “breaking me out?” I’m not exactly sure if these are what is causing this, but I seem to have more tiny skin colored pimples in my forehead? They are not super noticeable but at angles or in the right light you can see a bunch of tiny bumps. I normally use Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Pads and love them, but as they are double the cost I opted for these. Did anyone else have any issues with this? My skin is dry and sensitive. Don’t want to return it, because I notice a difference in wrinkles but would rather have wrinkles over bumps!

Re: Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

@Kelsiiibee

I take beautypedia reviews with a grain of salt, and I certainly don't always agree with their ratings, but this one is so simple and straightforward that I don't see much to argue with. If the pH is wrong, then the product is useless. Screenshot_20180711-130236.png

These get rave reviews by consumers, but I'm not really sure why. 

RE: Re: Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

Does this mean that it is too harsh?

Re: RE: Re: Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

@Kelsiiibee

No, not at all. Think of it more as active vs inactive. The pH has to be a certain level (I *think* 3.5-5 but I could be off a bit) for an exfoliant to work, and if the pH is wrong, the exfoliant is basically inactive and just doesn't do anything. I'd have to guess that you are starting to get small bumps on your forehead because the pads aren't exfoliating like your skin needs, and you are getting buildup of dead skin cells that are starting to clog you up.

There are several affordable options that are the correct pH and drastically cheaper than the DDG peel pads. I like Alpha Skincare 14% Glycolic Serum, but you can also hop on beautypedia and search their best exfoliants to find a suitable option for you. Like I said before, I take some of their reviews with a grain of salt, but they do still have some valuable information that can help narrow down the massive landscape of options. ☺️

5 stars on beautypedia, and cost effective as well!5 stars on beautypedia, and cost effective as well!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos2
  • Screenshot_20180711-130236.png
  • 5 stars on beautypedia, and cost effective as well!
testing