Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Perioral Dermatitis Moisturizers

I just recently had my first ever outbreak of Perioral Dermatitis. For the past 2 days I’ve been doing nothing but washing my face with Philosophy Purity Made Simple facial cleanser 2x a day. I’m in desperate need to moisturize but I’m worried any of the ones I have might irritate my skin and cause the rash to become worse. Anyone who has dealt with this horrible skin condition have any recommendations for a good moisturizer? 

Re: Perioral Dermatitis Moisturizers

I'm dealing with this now and I have no idea what caused it. SO frustrating!! My derm who is world-renowned recommended the Vanicream lite lotion and gentle facial cleanser (target, walgreens, CVS). It has even less ingredients than Cerave. Another thing I found that I'm trying is the Mother of All Creams cream from Puriya found on Amazon. Over 6k reviews and many come from people with bad cases of Perioral Dermatitis. It's pricey, but will last a very long time, and I've been using it on my spots on my face, and dry hands and it's very soothing and moisturizing. No adverse reactions.

RE: Perioral Dermatitis Moisturizers

Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream. It has no scent and seems to work well on sensitive skin. I have dermatitis and some rosacea and my skin gets very red and angry. This is one product that I’ve never reacted to and doesn’t burn the minute I put it on. It’s a bit pricey but it lasts a long time since you don’t need that much per application 🙂
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing