cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

PM Cleanser and Makeup Remover

Hello! 

Here's a little bit about my skin and story...

So I've always had acne-prone, very sensitive skin. But more recently I've struggled with worse-than-normal acne. I saw the Derm and he wanted me to do a Retin-A and suggested cetaphil cleanser, but I do not want to use a Retina-A. So right now I've been using Kirkland brand makeup remover wipes (from costco) to remove my makeup then follow with cetaphil cleanser and a moisturizer from the Derm's brand. I do like the Cetaphil and want to continue to use it for morning, but at night I feel like it is just not getting my face as clean as it needs to be. The Derm also gave me some exfoliating pads that have salicylic and glycolic in them so hopefully those start to work!

I am open to suggestions for a cleanser that is safe for sensitive skin (I get really red just from washing my face), but will clean very well, and also a makeup remover to use before. I tried the clinique cleansing balm and this clogged my pores pretty bad and I had tiny pimples all over my forehead.

I also think the cleansing wipes may be drying my eyes out because recently every morning I wake up looking very tired with puffy eyes. So if you guys can suggest an eye cream that really helps with moisture and puffiness that would be great too!!

Thank you all in advance!

I have sensetive acne prone skin too and I've found that the glossier milky jelly cleanser works great to remove makeup. other makeup removing wipes and balms break me out. I follow that with the Milk charcoal cleanser to help with my acne. it's super gentle and won't leave your face super dry. I also recommend soap and glory's face soap and clarity wash if you don't like charcoal products.

The Neogen exfoliating pads work really well, there's the red wine, green tea, and lemon versions. They're pretty gentle. My oil cleaners are usually not from Sephora, but I think the Biossance cleansing oil with squalane is one with very natural ingredients, and I heard the Erborian cleansing balm is good. As for a second cleanser, the Fresh soy face cleanser is gentle and works well, as does the Blueberry Bounce cleanser by Glow Recipe. hope this helps!
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing