Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

My eyes suddenly seem allergic!

Help with mascara for my newly sensitive eyes! I have worn mascara for nearly 30 years. After taking about six months "off".. No eye makeup... everything I try these days ends up itching and burning my eyes. I remove the make up properly. I am using the same products I used to (high end, middle of the road, waterproof, regulars- you name it). I did a little research and bought a clay based Tarte mascara. The reviews and description stated it was gentle (wrong). Has anyone had this happened? How can I get back in the routine of wearing mascara and even liner again? Tysm

Re: My eyes suddenly seem allergic!

@Bodsfordina  Could it be that mascara specifically? I have a few that bother me. Can you try one that you use to use and see if it happens? Could it be seasonal allergies acting up? I know where I live it’s starting to start up. Hope you figure it out!!

Re: My eyes suddenly seem allergic!

Well- I've tried 4-5 mascaras. Mostly the classics that I used to lean on. I took a break from work and dressing up/ wearing make up. 

I guess I could be developing allergies for the first time. Thought I was too old... I'm in my early 40s and have never had them. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing