Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Moisturizer help!!

I started using the First Aid Beauty ultra repair cream intense hydration for 2-3 weeks after a recommendation. My face has become even more sensitive. It's constantly itchy, inflamed, and hurts whenever I touch it. Since the moisturizer is the only thing that's changed in my routine, I've determined that this moisturizer must be what's making my face more sensitive and even hurt at times. Any recommendations for a new moisturizer and what I can do to remedy this? I have dry and sensitive skin

RE: Moisturizer help!!

FAB cream contains Feverfew (very fragrant flower) and Eucalyptus. Burned my skin away.I recommend staying away from FirstAidBeauty.

Re: Moisturizer help!!

I have had the same experience with a similar product i highly recommend you stop using  everything! Even skin care products that you've used for years as your skin now is " compromised" and "sensitized" and not how it is when it's at its "normal state".

You should start by using a gentle  cleanser like the fresh Soy Face Cleansing Milk 6.7 oz/ 198 mL Fresh Soy Mini + Strawberry Jumbo Cleansing Set # and a calming moisturizer like the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Calming Gel Cream or Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Cream for a. week to strengthen your skin barrier. Then gradually start introducing your products back in again. Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer are also good accessible products to get your skin back in shape.

@itssammiiee i hope this helps!

If you are able, @itssammiiee I'd highly recommend contacting a dermatologist or your PCP since this moisturizer shouldn't be exacerbating your sensitivity issues, depending on your ingredient sensitivities. What's the rest of your routine?

@itssammiiee  I'd 100% agree wit@quspork on this one that you will want to go to a doctor.  The reality is it is really hard to recommend products for sensitive skin when what is causing the irritation is unknown. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing