Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Makeup won’t stick to skin

This one spot on my face I have a red patch and no makeup will stick to it. Everywhere else is fine. When I do try to apply makeup to that one spot it gets inflamed and itchy. Problem for anyone else? Any suggestions. Thank you❤️

Re: Makeup won’t stick to skin

Could be an allergy, or along the lines of rosacea/eczema..a dermatologist would determine.

Make sure your brushes are clean. Do you exfoliate? If so, which product?

@DaneShaws0n

RE: Re: Makeup won’t stick to skin

Since my skin has been so dry and irritated lately I exfoliate once a week or every other. Using a coffee scrub from Basin or boscia peeling gel. I stopped using cleansers as well as they’re also irritating and more drying, even ones I’ve used for years and had no problem with until now☹️

Re: RE: Re: Makeup won’t stick to skin

Since exfoliation is irritating I would stop usage. You could be using too often as well, for your skin to handle. It's not uncommon for products that once work to backfire at a later time, could be environment/internal changes etc. Talking to a dermatologist will help.

Cleansers, use a very basic, non active ingredient one. i.e. Dermalogica ultracalming line, Neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser, oil cleanser. Since you wear makeup, water alone will not break down makeup and will clog the skin. 

Moisturizer too. Your skin barrier is compromised. 

@DaneShaws0n

RE: Re: RE: Re: Makeup won’t stick to skin

Thank you for your help

Re: RE: Re: Makeup won’t stick to skin

@DaneShaws0n You might want to check out this thread for ideas:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/After-some-time-of-experimenting-what-is-something-y...

A group of us shared skincare advice, a lot of it having to do with sensitive skin. I included my tip for exfoliating with serum there, too. 

Hope this helps! ☺️

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing