Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Makeup remover

What do you all use for makeup remover? Especially for mascara. I’ve been using coconut oil for my eye makeup and a Castile soap and essential oil blend for the rest of my face but my skin doesn’t really like it. I saw on another thread that someone used a product that you put on a bit like glue and spread across your face and when you wipe with a cloth the makeup is gone. I can’t remember the name of the line but I’ll look it up. Any one use this or have any other suggestions?

RE: Makeup remover

Or cucumber aloe witch hazel on a cotton pad

RE: Makeup remover

Tarte maracuja oil makeup removing wipes or Neutrogena makeup removing wipes❤️

Re: Makeup remover

hey, I know this is more of a cleanser than a makeup remover, but I recently started using it and when I have makeup on the cleanser melts it and takes it completely off. The cleanser I'm taking about is the Drunk Elephant Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL

Hey @KehDee 

I've been right into Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

For removing my makeup every evening.  It is gentle enough on my skin and my eyes don't get irritated and neither does my skin.  I also like to use a bit of Sephora's eye makeup remover to remove any stubborn eye liner that sticks around.  Sometimes I use micellar water as a second step but I'm not consistent on that. But the Farmacy treats my skin really well. Good luck! 

@KehDee  I use Drunk Elephant Slaai™ Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser

when I am lazy I use Bioderma Sensibio H2O and MAC wipes to take off my makeup and mascara.  These products are super gentle on my skin. 

@KehDee  I use loreal Micellar water and honestly its been amazing for me. I usually have a reaction with makeup removers, but this has been amazing, and I love how easily it removes everything for me.

I use Bioderma Micellar water on lazy nights. 

Drunk Elephant Slaai™ Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser

or 

BOSCIA - MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil Mini

they all work vey well.

@KehDee I've actually been quite impressed by the SEPHORA COLLECTION Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover 4.2 oz / 125 mLI originally got a sample of it and it really exceeded my expectations!  I've since recommended it to friends who have also really liked it.

I use Bioderma Micellar water to remove my eye make up, but I agree with @grizzlymaze the Lancome Bi-Facile is a fantastic product.  If you're looking for a cleansing balm (A thicker cream that you rub into your face), I'd recommend the Farmacy Green Clean.  The Clinque take the day off balm also has a pretty big following.  I haven't tried the Drunk Elephant Slaai yet, but I've heard others love it.  In my opinion if you're new to cleansing balms, any of the three above are a great starting point!

For eye makeup, I use Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover 4.2 oz/ 125 mL It’s the fastest, most complete eye makeup remover I’ve ever used. I put some on a cotton round, hold the round to one eye for 30-60 seconds, then wipe everything away. If any bits of mascara still cling to my lashline afterward, I dip a cotton swab in Bi-Facil and run it along my lashes to remove that stuff. I don’t like to use this remover on the rest of my face unless I’m dealing with extremely stubborn makeup. But I’ve used it to remove very difficult lipstick stains a few times. 

Another option for eye makeup, especially for sensitive eyes, is MAKE UP FOR EVER - Sens’Eyes - Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser. I like this one a lot. I just find it’s not as fast acting or thorough as Bi-Facil. 

For the rest of my face, I use either LANCôME - Bi-Facil Face Bi-Phased Micellar Water Face Makeup Remover & Cleanser or TARTE - Micellar Magic Makeup Remover & Cleanser. I’ve used the former for a year now, but recently started using the latter as a potentially cheaper option. For very sensitive skin, I’d recommend the Tarte one over Lancôme due to fragrance—with the caveat that you should definitely rinse off the Tarte one, which will happen anyway if you double-cleanse. 🙂 

One of my friends with very sensitive skin loves Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL. She says it struggles a bit with waterproof eye makeup, but just requires a second pass to remove that stuff, and easily removes anything else. 

I use Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover 4.2 oz/ 125 mL and find it does a quick and easy job of removing eye make up. My mascara seems to melt away in seconds without any rubbing and theres no stinging or any of that nonsense! 🙂 Its the best eye make up remover I have ever tried for sure.

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 26 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing