cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Makeup Skincare and Lip Care

hey! I need some help 😉 
I have decided to start a skincare routine (thanks to hyram)... I want to start wearing makeup soon as well. I was wondering if anyone had any MUST HAVE product I should try (makeup, skincare or lip care). I have extremely sensitive skin and it’s pretty oily, I also have some acne I’m trying to get rid of. But any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thank you in advance!  ❤️ 

Aug 5 2020

Re: Makeup Skincare and Lip Care

@Haneena2020 Do you have any products that you're currently using or are you starting from scratch? You'll want to build the basics in the beginning - cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen. Once you have that down then you can add in other items to help target issues like oiliness. 

i am starting 100% from scratch 

Alrighty, @Haneena2020 - in that case, like I mentioned, you'll definitely want to start with the basics so you have a good foundation to build on. This will help limit irritation and sun damage from any other products you may want to add to your routine down the road. Here are a few options that I've had good luck with for our skin type:

Cleansers: 

philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser 

First Aid Beauty Mini Pure Skin Face Cleanser 2 oz/ 56.7 g 

Moisturizers:

at sephora- 

Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet Mini 0.66 oz/ 20 mL 

belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb 3.38 oz/ 100 mL Value Size 

OLEHENRIKSEN Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

not at sephora:

CosRx Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion

Benton Snail Bee High Content Skin

Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion

Sunscreen:

MDSolarSciences Mineral Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 50 UVA-UVB Sunscreen 1.7 oz 

COOLA Mineral Sun Silk Crème SPF 30 1.5 oz/ 44 mL 

Just some ideas to check out! Once you have a basic routine in place then you can add in other products to more specifically target your needs. To help with the oiliness, using a clay mask once a week can really help. I love both the Caudalie Pore Minimizing Instant Detox Mask 2.5 oz/ 75 mL and Pixi Glow Mud Mask (not at Sephora). Once you start wearing makeup, I'd really recommend checking out the double cleansing method too. With that, you use an oil-based cleanser first and then follow it with your cream/gel/milk cleanser to really remove all the makeup and sunscreen and keep your pores clean! Depending on your type of acne and how much you have you can also work in a salicylic acid serum or maybe just a spot treatment (I love #clinique acne solutions acne clearing gel). 

With makeup, it depends a bit on what coverage you want or what price point you may have, but Bare Minerals, L'Oreal, and Lancome are some of my faves for foundation and powder. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing