Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Korres Wild Rose Night Facial

Has anyone else experienced redness/blotchiness from this product? I started this product about a week ago around the same time that I started an inhaler steroid for asthma. So I’m not sure which one is the culprit for my new butterfly rash— the night facial or the Flovent. Obviously I can’t stop the inhaler to see if that’s the cause, but aside from redness, my skin has been looking amazing with the night facial. Anyone else had redness from it, though? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Korres Wild Rose Night Facial

@BriannaKittrell rose is a high concentration of vitamin c. If you're skin isn't used it, work up usage. Iirc I did have some redness with it, but subsided after a few times. I do have sensitive skin and did finish a jar.

@TrysBeautyItems Thank you, I'm glad you were able to use...

@TrysBeautyItems Thank you, I'm glad you were able to use the night cream. I know a lot of people love it. Would you mind sharing your source for the amount of vitamin C that Korres uses in their Rose Night Facial? I'm unable to find percentages outside of their actual vitamin C serums, which claim levels highly unlikely to be found in their moisturizers within the same line, thus making vitamin C a less likely culprit than the actual ingredients in the product. All reactive skin is different & having worked with research studies & MSDS for substances for years, the idea of trying to work up "tolerance" to a product that may be the source of a dermal reaction or more is greatly concerning. I think any of us with reactive/sensitized skin have all have a previously tolerated product turn on us, sometimes overnight, and the more exposure, the more likely it is to occur. Use of an extremely fragrant cream, by any standard, with asthma makes it even more important for the doctor to be involved & eliminate whatever's causing the rash and possibly recommend looking for fragrance free skincare products. @BriannaKittrell

Re: @TrysBeautyItems Thank you, I'm glad you were able to use...

Not all ingredients can be worked up to, of course listen to your skin and your knowledge of your skin. Yes all skin is different. 

I don't know the percentage. Just in general rose is vitamin c..some don't know that. Maybe Korres directly can give insight.

I would anyways stop use, to see how the asthma medicine is working for you, and at a later time patch test Korres if so inclined.

Korres Wild Rose Night Facial

@BriannaKittrell I'm sorry you've experienced these reactions. Korres isone of the biggest offenders when it comes to unnecessarily strong added fragrance. Several in their rose line are more intense than manyperfumes, so I avoid them to prevent lung irritation since I also see an inhaler in my future. After a scare with a seemingly innocuous leave-in hair product sample which had me wheezing & needing Benadryl, then bronchitis and a sensitivity to all fragrances for a few days, I can't afford to take any chances. (Even mild fragrance like toothpaste & deodorant were perceived as irritants.) Good luck and feel better! ETA- fragrances can create both dermal & lung irritation, so it would be a good idea to play it safe with any beauty products containing fragrance, natural or synthetic.

RE: Korres Wild Rose Night Facial

I found out that my reaction is a side effect of the inhaled corticosteroid called perioral dermatitis and not related to the Rose night facial. But sadly, I can’t attest to how the Rose facial works since I’m having this reaction to the inhaler.

@BriannaKittrell I'm glad you got that worked out and now...

@BriannaKittrell I'm glad you got that worked out and now know what's causing it. I've learned the hard way that it's best to play it safe after dozens of severe dermal reactions & the one time so far I've had lung irritation since I'm likely a reaction or two away from more serious respiratory reactions. The good news is that there are brightening creams out there free of fragrance if you opt to go that route. (I prefer a Vitamin C serum under an EltaMD moisturizer containing niacinamide.) Take good care!

Re: Korres Wild Rose Night Facial

@BriannaKittrell I haven't used this, but the fragrance in it maybe irritating your skin.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing