cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

I want to try a Retinol for sensitive skin that is fragrance free

I need advice or suggestions on a Retinol product that is gentle and targeted for sensitive skin. I'm sensitive to fragrances also.  I know Retinol has a smell and that doesn't bother me, it's the fragrance or masking ingredient that kills my skin.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

RE: I want to try a Retinol for sensitive skin that is fragrance free

First Aid Beauty’s retinol was made specifically for beginners using retinol & with sensitive skin. It contains 0.25% retinol concentrate so you will receive the retinol benefit without the harshness of a product containing an amount as much as 2%. Sunday Riley’s Luna Oil is meant to be applied to the skin at night, following either her Lactic Acid treatment, OR you can switch it up and moisturize following with the Luna Oil. Either would give you retinol, but FAB is meant to be used slowly started out and building up!

Re: I want to try a Retinol for sensitive skin that is fragrance free

@Anonymous I rec FAB Retinol Serum.  It is .25% concentration which is good to know, b/c a lot of brands don't release the concentration.  Just start very slowly.  I also believe it is fragrance-free.  

In addition, I think Paula's Choice may be a good brand for retinol like @suzyo mentioned 🙂

Definitely, try Sunday Riley products. $$$ but so worth it 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: I want to try a Retinol for sensitive skin that is fragrance free

I read that Sunday Riley products are not recommended for sensitive skin as they contain fragrance which is one of the biggest contributors to making skin react negatively especially for sensitive skin. Do you have sensitive skin and have you used the Luna oil? Thanks!

RE: I want to try a Retinol for sensitive skin that is fragrance free

I would highly, highly recommend Retinol Reform by Shani Darden. My skin is so sensitive/oily, and it zaps zits and doesn't make my face red and dry.

If your skin is sensitive, I would suggest looking at something oil based. If budget allows I really like the one from Verso. If your budget is smaller, I would try etoile with retinol from Jordan Samuel Skin. He sells direct to consumer

https://www.sephora.com/product/super-facial-oil-set-P394849?skuId=1703735&icid2=products%20grid:p39...

I personally use the pm retinol serum by Peter Thomas Roth. I absolutely love it!

@Anonymous

If you want a retinoid product with a minimal ingredient list, the brand The Ordinary has several retinol products of various concentrations that might fit your needs.

I also second the ordinary. I started with the 2%  and I'm amazed at how smooth my skin feels, when I finish this bottle I might go up to the 5% one.

The percentages are relative this has nothing to do with the regular prescription retinoid percentages

i second the ordinary! i have the advanced retinoid and i dont know how i lived without it!

@Anonymous You might want to look into the brand Paula's Choice. Sephora doesn't sell it but Nordstrom does, she has her own website as well. She has several products with retinol, all of them without fragrant ingredients of any kind. 

@suzyo I didn't know Nordstrom sold her line - thanks for the tip!

This is a great tip since Nordstrom has free shipping!!!

@Sjsharkslover Yes!  I love that about Nordstrom.  I've gifted from them a few times, but haven't bought any beauty items - that could be dangerous for me!  But I think I will end up ordering something by the end of the year...and won't look back!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing