From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

I need a face wash, exfoliating scrub, moisturizer and hydrating serum for VERY dry but sensitive skin..

I am getting sick of not being able to take care of myself because I have such sensitive skin. Literally the last break out I had looked like this and I'm scared to try anything anymore.

Re: I need a face wash, exfoliating scrub, moisturizer and hydrating serum for VERY dry but sensitive skin..

@ToraJenni You’ve received good advice from @fatimamummy. I would also like to add that you may want to be very cautious trying potentially harsh products designed to exfoliate. I have very sensitive skin prone to acne and rosacea and am unable to use exfoliating products because they can cause flare-ups. 

Conditions like rosacea and acne often require gentle skin care regimes, with low or no fragrances or colours. Water-based gels free of oil are typically a good starting point. On the other hand, skin care products designed to induce rapid resurfacing of skin (e.g. peels, exfoliants) can cause serious reactions for skin that is already struggling. 

Wishing you luck and support 💕

Re: I need a face wash, exfoliating scrub, moisturizer and hydrating serum for VERY dry but sensitive skin..

@ToraJenni Looking at the pics I would suggest you see a dermatologist if it is possible for you instead of experimenting with any counter top products. If you can’t see a dermatologist, still you can ask your family physician to prescribe something to treat your skin. Once the current problems are under control, then you can develop a nice skincare routine but for now I’ll not suggest to experiment any more without consulting a Dr. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
testing