Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help perioral dermatitis

BB4A0D71-34EE-4C02-93DC-6C68BC139E36.jpeg

821AD1C9-2A32-4CC4-B13F-9D48C3BDCCEB.jpeg

 any tips pls it just will not go away 

Re: Help perioral dermatitis

i’ve been suffering with this for months and just started using first aid beauty after i got a sample from sephora. it has been the best thing for my skin and has given me my confidence back (specifically the ultra repair cream). i use it along with a protopic that my dermatologist recommended but have seen better results from this than a 120$ cream. i highly recommend giving it a go. 

I suffered from this for a long time, my barrier was compromised so anything that will help build, protect and nourish your skin with no harsh exfoliating chemicals and perfumes products is a must. A hydrating calming face wash like fresh soy wash, or a cleansing balm like farmacy belif aqua bomb cream, and then I seal whatever products I’m using with eqyptian magic it’s kind of changed my life it has a lot of healing properties and is amazing for night time.  First aid beauty has creams that help seal and soothe, Cerave also has great products for helping build your barrier but I like to alternate what I’m using depending on how my skin feels. I just really would look into k beauty products as they are all usually very sensitive. I also know this sounds weird but look into products for women that are for external use that have miconazole nitrate cream 2% as that will kill the over growth of yeast that gets into our skin

Osmia black clay facial soap has been a lifesaver for my POD. 

Gut health, managing stress, and straying away from sulfate are really important! 

Try not to use topical steroid creams because those work temporarily and then when POD comes back it will be 10x worse...

POD is a trial and error type of condition so you'll have to find what works for you personally but here are some links to blogs and products that you should try as well: 

https://www.byrdie.com/perioral-dermatitis-cure-4686082

This spray has been recommended to me over and over again:

https://www.sephora.com/product/sos-save-our-skin-daily-rescue-facial-spray-P448852 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
  • 821AD1C9-2A32-4CC4-B13F-9D48C3BDCCEB.jpeg
  • BB4A0D71-34EE-4C02-93DC-6C68BC139E36.jpeg
testing