Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

HELP! Sensitive Skincare routine

Hello all!! I am sorry if this is a long read...

I am a 19 year old girl, I wear makeup almost everyday, and lately I have just been using the Neutrogena makeup remover cleansing wipes to take off my makeup.... I have been using them as my 'skincare routine' for quite a while, and I am so ashamed! The wipes even seem to be slightly burning my face after each use. Needless to say: I need a better skincare routine! Lately, I have been moisturizing my face with belief moisturizing bomb, and FAB eye duty triple remedy A.M. Gel Cream, and that's about it! I have the korres greek yogurt foaming cream cleanser, that I want to start using more! But I need to figure out a cleanser to remove my makeup first, because the wipes aren't cutting it. I would also like to add a toner, face serum, a night eye cream, and anything else I might need to get my skin in check! I know I shouldn't overwhelm my face with many new products, especially because I have tried many different products that just don't work, but any suggestions would help! --Products that I have tried and don't work together, are: Boscia Makeup breakup cool cleansing oil, Origins Checks and Balances frothy face wash, Ole henriksen pore balance facial sauna scrub, Ole henriksen sheer transformation perfection moisturizer, Then I have also tried: Neutrogena hydro boost water gel, and drunk elephant. -- I have been told that using all of the above together all at once was probably a bad idea, because of the harsh exfoliant, and I believe it was! but I don't know why Neutrogena hydro boost and drunk elephant didn't work, I believe it may be because I am allergic to hyaluronic acid? Is that even possible? I thought it was naturally occurring in the body? I have also tried an oatmeal mask from FAB that didn't work, and aveeno moisturizer. Maybe it was just too many new things at once? I just need some help! Thanks in advance, if you have read all of this!!

Anonymous Insider

Re: HELP! Sensitive Skincare routine

Hi there, I use rose water for my sensitive skin, Mario Badescu has great one, Kiehl's Since 1851 Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner 8.4 oz/ 250 mlis great, they also have a deep cleanser is awesome. I bought a little Fore silicone brush, Play Plus verision, and I cannot say enough about it. So gentle, but so thorough. may you should consider that if you are using lots of make-up.

Hey girl! 

I actually had an allergic reaction to Drunk Elephant as well so don't worry about that, you are not alone. Because you do your makeup almost everyday, a double cleanser may be good for you! I also have sensitive skin so maybe the products I use might be of use for you!

Morning Routine:

1) Wash my face with cold water, don't cleanse! If you have sensitive skin and do a double cleanser at night, your skin might become even more sensitive than it already is. I started to do that a couple months ago and my skin improved tremendously.

2) Tone with KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner (I have dry skin)

3) OLEHENRIKSEN - Banana Bright Eye Crème

4) Moisturize with your preferred moisturizer!

Night:

1) Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL

2) KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Cucumber Herbal Conditioning Cleanser

3) OLEHENRIKSEN Glow2OH 7% AHA Exfoliating Dark Spot Toner 6.5 oz/ 190 mL

4) KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

I use different moisturizers and serums depending on what my skin needs at the time. For example if I have red spots from acne, I put some THE ORDINARY - Salicylic Acid 2% Solution or I'll use the LANEIGE - Lavender Water Sleeping  Mask if I feel my skin has been too dried out. Find what fits your skin type and go from there! Introduce items slowly, don't overwhelm your skin. 

Hope this helps you out!

RE: Re: HELP! Sensitive Skincare routine

Thank you for your recommendations! I will have to try some out! ☺️

@cshinaberry14 If you're looking for a makeup removing/oil cleanser I know the Ordinary just released a Squalane oil cleanser. Biossance's squalane products have worked great for me so that's what I'm looking forward to trying as my next oil cleanser- but either way as the other commenter noted, it may take some trial and error to find a good one for you

@cshinaberry14 when you have sensitive skin it can sometimes react negatively to a product simply because it is new and you haven't used it before. You can also be sensitive to pretty much any one thing or any combination of things. Generally speaking, it can help to introduce new products one at a time and to start off by only using them once or twice a week and then gradually increase to the desired frequency. Introducing a new active ingredient at the lowest possible concentration can also help. 

It sounds like double cleansing might work well for you, but you'll have to do some trial and error to figure out which products are the best combination for your skin. In the meantime, the Squalane + Antioxidant Cleansing Cloths from Biossance are a great option for you to try out. If your skin is being particularly sensitive, you can also remove makeup quite effectively using a thick moisturizer and then wiping it off with a soft dry cloth as a first step.  

Also, don't use a harsh physical exfoliant more than once a week or you'll end up damaging the protective layer of your skin, which will only make it more sensitive.

RE: Re: HELP! Sensitive Skincare routine

Thank you! I will try that!
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing