Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Fragrance free hair & body shampoo

Hi everyone! I have been recently discovering that I am allergic to soaps that have perfume in them. Even with shampoo & conditioner, when the residue of the soap is being washed off, I end up breaking out in hives on my chest and back. Are there any recommendations for a good shampoo and body wash? (:

Re: Fragrance free hair & body shampoo

Well. Ca will be your best friend for fragrance free products. 

@RudiJohnsontry baking soda (mixed with a little water).  I use that for shampoo, and find that the runoff also makes my skin squeaky clean.  I like to add tea tree oil and sometimes other oils like orange, also sugar as that seems to moisturize.

Free and Clear Shampoo is fragrance free and can be found at your local drug store, Target, etc.  From the style of the label, I think its made by the same people who make Vanicream which is also frag free.  I know a lot of people with fragrance and chemical sensitivities that have had good luck with that particular shampoo. I personally do not have any experience with it as the only products that I still use with fragrance is my Kevin Murphy hair products from my pre-chemical injury and MCS days.  As far as soap, Dove sensitive skin BAR soap is free of any fragrances.   The liquid contains fragrance.  I find I do well with the bar soap - no irritation or hives.  

The only one I have heard of @RudiJohnson is Philip Kingsley No Scent No Colour shampoo. I read that he created it for his wife when she underwent cancer treatment and needed a gentle product. It is an English brand but is carried some places in the US and assume Canada and elsewhere.

You might also consult a dermatologist for other options. Unless you are sure it is fragrance it could be sulphates or some other ingredient causing the reaction.  

RE: Fragrance free hair & body shampoo

I’ve recently experienced this and I haven’t found anything that helps. Very disappointing 😭
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing