Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Foundation for sensitive/combination skin

I have very sensitive skin. It will break out in a rash or red bumps easily. Everything seems to irritate it. I have lots of dry skin except for my forehead and nose and chin. I want a foundation that doesn't feel heavy and you don't even feel it on your skin. I want something just to balance the color in my face and cover a few blemishes not full coverage. Maybe sheer to medium. I like the idea of stick foundation being easy to apply. Does anyone have any suggestions for a foundation ?

Re: Foundation for sensitive/combination skin

I have sensitive and combination skin as well. For light coverage, I like using cushion foundations. My favorite is Missha because it has SPF as well. The Sephora Collection Cushion foundation is good as well.

RE: Foundation for sensitive/combination skin

Your skin sounds a lot like mine. I do prefer a full coverage so our tastes may be a bit different, but when I don't want as full I usually use a powder foundation. I like Estée Lauder's and MAC's, but I've also tried IT Cosmetics and liked that too! My favorite foundation when I don't want to FEEL like wearing foundation is a powder foundation, however I also really like IT Cosmetics CC+ which doesn't feel like foundation, even though it's a full coverage. It also has all that great skincare in it and is awesome when my skin is dryer (minus the T-zone where I'm more oily). I will say I saw someone recommend the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea and I did enjoy that one too! None of the colors quite matched me which was a bummer so I wasn't able to use it. Felt great on though and definitely lighter. If you want to try a stick foundation, my favorite has been the Hourglass Vanish stick foundation. Super quick and easy to apply! I love it when I need to do my makeup a little faster and I have less time. I tried the MUFE one and it wasn't great and smelled like fish oil to me lol. Hope that helps!

Re: Foundation for sensitive/combination skin

I also have sensitive, combination skin, and for light coverage, Nars Tinted Moisturizer is my favorite. For a little more coverage, I love Givenchy Teint Couture foundation and Tarte Rainforest of the Sea water foundation--both are lightweight and feel natural.

I find stick foundations to be a little more difficult to work with than liquid foundations, and they seem to have heavier coverage. 

RE: Foundation for sensitive/combination skin

The tinted moisturizer from Caudalie is amazing! BareMinerals Complexion Rescue is also good and less expensive with a greater shade range. Both can be applied similar to moisturizer.
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing