Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Foundation for Eczema Prone Skin

I have seriously read every article I can find on this but wanted some advice from other real people out there! I have very sensitive skin and am highly prone to eczema on my cheeks and under my eyes. I am working on my skincare routine which is helping (recently discovered First Aid Beauty, and it is working so well for me!) but I am struggling with foundation. Currently I am using bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisture, but it just doesn’t seem to last even with setting spray & primer, and I feel like I need a bit more coverage. It is entirely possible that I could use it differently and have it work better for me too. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Foundation for Eczema Prone Skin

@josparkle If the BM Complexion Rescue Tinted Gel is working for you, you might like their Complexion Rescue Hydrating Foundation Stick for a bit more coverage. 🙂 I'm eczema-prone under my eyes too and tend to stick to emollient concealers in that area, but the BM foundation stick might have you covered.

RE: Foundation for Eczema Prone Skin

Thanks! Definitely worth a try... Do you have a fave emollient concealer you would recommend?

Re: Foundation for Eczema Prone Skin

I have horrible eczema as well and I have to say...first aid beauty was great for me at first but ended up clogging my pores.  Would highly recommend splurging on drunk elephant or Avene (not a sephora brand) has some amazing moisturizers and face washes for senitive skin.  But as for foundation I love the Kosas tinted face oil and the bobbi brown stick foundation. 

RE: Re: Foundation for Eczema Prone Skin

Thank you so much for the advice and recommendations, I will definitely check those foundations out. 😀 Thanks for the heads up on FAB and the other skincare recommendations as well. So far I’m not having any issues but my previous skincare routine worked for me for a long time and then stopped. So who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Re: RE: Re: Foundation for Eczema Prone Skin

@josparkleUnidentified. For some reason, drunk elephant did not suit my skin, and I was sensitive to the product I used from the line. I might just be sensitive to the form and amount of vitamin C they use. Quick question-- what face "wash" are you using? Thanks!

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing