Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Farmacy Green Clean makeup balm

Has anyone tried the brand Farmacy green clean makeup balm? I’m allergic to fragrance! I noticed that Sephora has a “seal” that says clean at Sephora and that balm is included in their clean skincare products page, but doesn’t have the seal next to it? Any thoughts or product suggestions? Thank you! 🙂 

Farmacy Green Clean makeup balm

@Ilene24 Even though it's not a leave-on product, it still contains five essential oils that can all cause reactions if you're already prone to fragrance sensitivities which can cause dermal and/or lung irritation. I worked with essential oils professionally for years and learned the hard way how potent they are after ny reactions to various oils extended into products containing specific constituents extracted from those essential oils. I love beauty and fragrance, so having a greatly reduced number of products I'm able to safely use has been a total PIA. (Natural doesn't imply "safe" & we're exposed to so many natural & synthetic fragrances that it's hard to completely avoid all of them.) FWIW, plant extracts are water soluble, less fragrant, and much less likely to cause reactions than highly concentrated essential oils, which often exist in plants as protection against insects, etc. Good luck, please always patch test samples for a few days, and stay safe. 🙂

Re: Farmacy Green Clean makeup balm

Hi @Ilene24

I regularly use cleansing oils (balms) and I’ve used up a couple minis of Green Clean. Since you mentioned your skin has issues with fragrance, I wanted to clarify that although Green Clean doesn’t have any added fragrance, it still has scent (light and sweet, kind of fruity). And Green Clean does have the Sephora Clean seal on the product page on thr Canadian site, so if it’s missing I’m assuming that may be an error. 

From my experience, Green Clean wasn’t the best at removing makeup when I’ve used it. I preferred the Pixi Double Cleanse and Clinique Take the Day Off balm for removing makeup. 

I think it may be a glitch that it doesn’t have the seal next to it @Ilene24. It’s a fantastic balm and causes my sensitive skin 0 issues 😄 Double check the ingredients 😃

Thank you for the reply @bakeamuffin! 💛I want to try it, because I normally remove my makeup first with a wipe and then I cleanse and then I will get a cotton round with micellear water and I notice I have lingering makeup still...the struggle lol do you still use it? 

@Ilene24 although I do love it, I actually purchased the Makeup Eraser in an effort to cut back on skincare products, my face was getting stressed out with everything I was using. I would totally purchase it again though, it’s works very well and feels like a treat for the skin and feels more gentle than a wipe ☺️ 

I find it works best at removing liner and mascara if I close my eyes and very gently massage around my lashes with the product on my finger tips, for at least 10-15 seconds. It really breaks it all up very well with this method. Good luck! 😄

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing