Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Face serum facial mist or toner?

Whats the difference between three (serum, facial mist and toner)? I have dry and sensitive skin (mild rosacea on cheeks). I am looking for something that give my skin a little glow, to make my skin feels smooth and hydrating. I don’t like anything too heavy otherwise i will break out. Any suggestions?

Re: Face serum facial mist or toner?

I also have dry skin that’s fairly sensitive. I’ve been testing Drunk Elephant Pekee™ Cleansing Bar 4 oz/ 120 g again as a 2-in-one product (cleanser and toner), since DE claims it rebalances skin pH. The Pekee Bar contains honey, an ingredient that usually dries the heck outta my skin, but so far I’ve had no bad reaction. 

In addition to DE B-Hydra (which is a great suggestion), there’s also First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Hydrating Serum  which feels pretty lightweight on the skin. First Aid Beauty generally makes good products for sensitive skin. If I can ever get a deluxe sample of Youth To The People Superfood Firm and Brighten Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL I’ll try that one myself since I love 2 other YTTP products (the Superfoods moisturizer and face oil)—but I think that serum’s more geared toward brightening via vitamin C and firming via peptides, though it does contain hyaluronic acid for hydration. I played with a tester of that serum at a Sephora store; it felt very lightweight and absorbed quickly into the back of my hand. It’s definitely on my list of skincare items to try. 

Re: Face serum facial mist or toner?

@Aqua01 A serum is a heavy duty concentrated skin product used to add a higher dose of certain ingredients for the desired treatment, ex. hydration, anti-aging, brightening, etc, and you’d use that after a toner, which is meant to rebalance the skin after cleansing, but may also have added benefits (like oil control or acne fighting are common toners). Finally, a facial mist is used as a last step or throughout the day to set and refresh your makeup. You can use all three in a routine, or just one or two. Find what works for you. 

I don’t have sensitive skin or rosacea so I’m hesitant to suggest a few of the products I use, but I do think you will find you like how Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mLfeels. It’ll definitely help hydrate your skin and shouldn’t hurt your sensitive skin, but will give you the glow you’re looking for. I use it at night, but it can be used during the day too. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing