Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Eye Mask Horror Story

Hey everyone! This is my first post. I wanted to share an experience I had with "2-Step Take Away the Dark" eye strips "For Sensative Skin". The purchase was from a different beauty store which is why I am here. I applied the strips as recommened, took them off and that is what my face look liked. Then... the burning started to happen. It was also very hot to the touch. I did apply the cream step who helped with the burning but I think any cream would have. My face was back to normal with 2-3 hours. I used a cold compress to dab at the area which did help some. I returned the package (I bought the accompanying face mask also) to the store, receipt in hand, story formed and pictures ready to go. I swear, I have never seen so many beauty store employees look so freaked. They gave me a generous gift card and alot of apologising. While I will shop there still, I have come here in hopes that you guys will take pity on me and suggest some face masks, face wash, anything easy on the skin. As I've gotten older, Ive noticed I might need to start washing my face and using a mask every month to help keep my skin smooth, healthy and glowing. Hopefully there are two pictures attached. I have fair skin thats very clear, I dont have breakouts or spots. If the picture of my regular face did show, that's not a filter, just great lighting. Thank you for hopefully recommending me some products to try or atleast reading my horror story. Hopefully mines somewhat entertaining... I'm not sure of the rules so I left out many not so proper words I used in real life. XxCourt

IMG_20180425_132609_880.jpg

not ouch, no filter.not ouch, no filter.

Re: Eye Mask Horror Story

Oh my gosh @HeyyyCourt I’m so sorry you experienced that!! It can be so scary to have an adverse reaction to a product, especially one around your eyes! I’m glad that it healed quickly for you. I wonder what ingredient(S) triggered the heat and redness?! 

Re: Eye Mask Horror Story

I should have paid attention to the ingredients. Since I did heal after a few miserable hours, my regret is not paying attention to the ingredients. I have been using a few Clinique products that have helped me maintain my clear skin. I'm just nearing thirty and was told by The Internet I should have a multi-step skin care routine. Mine is currently makeup remover, liquid facial soap in mild, moisture surge (night) then pep-start in the mornings if my skin feels dry. Up until now I've never used anything on my face except for in middle school when everyone used this apricot exfoliating face wash. I'm just so wary of new products... I was hoping someone would recommend something but I don't know how busy these forums are. I also think maybe I should go in store to talk to someone. Ideally, all I want is a 2xs a month (or so) face mask. I suppose I don't need it but I know getting older means wrinkles and spots. The women in my family have all gotten acne later in life while clear skin through the younger years. I woudnt even know how to treat that. I get 1 spot/pimple per month due to hormones. It goes away in the 3 days my cycle takes. Which is great but also leaves me unprepared, if that makes sense?

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos2
  • IMG_20180425_132609_880.jpg
  • not ouch, no filter.
testing