Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Exfoliant for sensitive skin

Hey all, Looking for any recommendations for a gentle exfoliant for extremely sensitive acne prone skin. Any help would be great!

RE: Exfoliant for sensitive skin

I love the origins modern friction! I have super sensitive skin and almost anything breaks me out upon first use, but I haven't had issues with this one at all! A little goes a long way and it says you can use it dry or wet, if you're super sensitive like me use a little extra water ☺

RE: Exfoliant for sensitive skin

Tatcha rice enzyme gentle formula works great and isn’t harsh

Re: Exfoliant for sensitive skin

@jholde01 have you looked at Dr Jart's Micro Milk Peel?

https://www.sephora.com/product/dermaclear-micro-milk-peel-P411817

It's super fast and easy to use, and gives very nice results without irritating your face. I personally love the stuff and have purchased several times now.

@jholde01,

I also recommend the Caudalie Deep Cleansing Exfoliator which is a natural and gentle exfoliator.

https://www.sephora.com/product/deep-cleansing-exfoliator-P374574?skuId=1859792&icid2=products%20gri...

❤️ Melissa

I have really sensitive, acne-prone skin and prefer to use a chemical exfoliant such as Glycolic Acid (a.k.a. alpha hydroxy acid or AHA) a couple times per week. I mix a pea sized drop in with my moisturizer before I go to bed, and it helps reduce dark sports, prevents irritation, and leaves my skin glowing in the morning! Just be sure to wear sunscreen the next day 🙂 Acne.org has a pretty affordable bottle that I like to use, but you can really try anything with AHA in it. Hope this helps!

Exfoliant for sensitive skin

farmacy exfoliating grains is very soft but leaves skin very soft. it gets rid of my dry patches without feeling rough. I use it only 1x a week so as to not over work my skin but I find it does a great job and I dont react to it.

@jholde01 BHA is great!  Since your skin is extremely sensitive, I rec starting with 1% BHA by Paula's Choice.  🙂

Do you want a physical exfoliant or a chemical one, @jholde01?  Have you tried a peeling gel yet?  I'd highly recommend the FirmX Peel gel from Peter Thomas Roth or the one from Saturday Skin.  They're effective yet very gentle.  I personally don't have sensitive skin so it doesn't bother me to use a pretty intense physical microdermabrasion scrub but I still use peeling gel in between the days when I use a more heavy-duty exfoliant.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing