cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Eczema

I have rosacea and eczema on my face - specifically the worst eczema is on the apples of my cheeks, and on the rest of my cheek area and face is the rosacea - and I need to find something that will soothe and calm my skin. My general skin type is sensitive. 

Anything and everything I have tried burns, itches, or doesn't work!

I have tiny patches of eczema on my arms as well, so something that would work on face and body would be really helpful.

I have been unable to see a dermatologist to get this issue addressed, so please do not ask.

Re: Eczema

I have eczema and the best thing for me as been switching to only clean products. I have found that specifically phenoxyethanol irritates my skin so I have to avoid products with that in.

Keep your skin super hydrated, I use thick creams and facial oils at night to help with this.

Also, avoid super hot water, go for cooler/warm showers, water, etc.

And lastly diet plays a huge part as eczema is an outward sign of inflammation in the body. If I avoid dairy and gluten my skin gets clearer faster. Also try to avoid "hot' foods like spicy foods that cause heat within the body.  Changing up my nutrition made a huge impact on improving my skin. And drink lots of water. 

If you are looking for a moisturizer, Tatcha The Indigo Cream Soothing Skin Protectant 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is great for calming skin. It has also been awarded the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance, according to Tatcha.

Hello!

I struggled with eczema when I was younger and I remember soaking in an oat meal bath because it is very nourishing to sensitive skin so maybe try using it as a toner! I would also recommend a gentle no fragrance lotion like the Cerve cream or the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration

I hope this helps and brings some comfortable. 

@Anonymous  Not sure if you’ve found something yet but my toddler has super bad eczema and I’ve seen so many doctors tried many cortisone creams and a friend recommended me to try Vaseline for extremely dry skin it’s in a white tub and it’s been the only thing that’s helped him. He’s so sensitive to everything we can barley use soaps on his skin or his whole body breaks out. Good luck!

I totally understand the eczema struggle. I have it predominantly on my face, neck, hands, and arms. The location of my breakouts has changed some as I have aged. Occasionally I have it pop up in other places when I get bad breakouts. My skin is very sensitive as you probably guessed. My eczema becomes inflamed for multiple reasons, such as stress and allergies. The tricky part with eczema is that there are various types and triggers for it. I, for instance, have 2 forms of eczema atopic dermatitis and dyshidrotic eczema. I personally do not have rosacea, so I can not speak to that side of your struggle but I did want to share what have learned about while learning to manage my eczema. 

If you do not already know about them, a really great resource, besides your clinician, is nationally registered eczema organizations/assocaitions. They give recommendations on all things eczema, they have vetted various brands, provide tips, and so much more information. 

I saw a dermatologist for several years and honestly, she did not do much for me. I decided to take the plunge and made an appointment with a new doctor, an allergist. In my first appointment with him, I learned more about my condition than ever before. Which in my opinion is kinda crazy to think about since I have had eczema my whole life. I noted some info below once I realized how long this post had gotten I attached a general picture of information my Dr. gave me.

Side Note: Please do not use that as a substitute for visiting your own clinician. Especially since it is geared toward atopic dermatitis, only one kind of eczema. Also, something that might work well for me might not be the best resolution for someone else with eczema. I just wanted to provide the info via image instead of lengthening this post further. 

• Lotions: are recommended for mildly dry skin or for your face. 
  • Ointments or Creams: for moderate to severely dry skin,
  • Ointment: for severely dry skin.
    • I keep a huge jar of ointment at all times. It has helped with my eczema, usually clearing almost entirely and soothing the itching/irritation. I personally have a prescription from my doctor for Triamcinolone ointment, which has been a god sent. I do use this medication in combination with others but it has made all the difference for me. I am able to use it for not only eczema located on my extremities but also on my face (around my eyes, mouth, etc).
  • Water by itself can act as a drying agent for the skin. That is why it is recommended that you take short showers, try not to take baths, and to try to not use the hotter settings of water. That last one was definitely hard for me because I am one of those girls who loves a HOT shower or hot bath.
  • It is recommended for many individuals diagnosed with eczema to moisturize as soon as you get out of the shower to replenish your skin with some much-needed moisture. I recommend Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream (that's been my favorite go-to), but you can use other brands as well (I mentioned some below). Just make sure to use an ointment or cream for increased moisturization 

Doctor Recommended brands:

• Good Soaps: Dove, Cetaphil, CeraVe, Aveeno, Eucerin
  • Good Moisturizers: CeraVe, Cetaphil, Aveeno, Eucerin 
  • Good Moisturizers (especially recommended for deep moisturizing and severely dry skin): Aquaphor, Vaseline, Crisco

Everyone is different in terms of factors like severity of their condition, comorbidity, presentation of their condition, triggers, etc. But I hope some of this helps! I know it is not necessarily Sephora specific but I wanted to share in case it does help in some way or another. I did attach 2 associated products that Sephora sells that I know of that is geared toward eczema and dry skin. I personally have not used them but they seem to have pretty good reviews and the ingredients and lack of certain ingredients seem good. 

20201208_174930.jpg

This for me personally helped me so much, I’m 23 and I’ve struggled with atopic eczema since I was a baby. I get it on my arms, my back, my chest, my face, and sometimes my legs. It’s terribly itchy and painful, and yesterday actually I just purchased Aveeno Eczema care and it’s more like a thick ointment and it’s already helped me in one day. I’ve seen my doctor about it before and I’ve been on numerous steroid creams and it’s only helped me periodically. After reading your reply it’s helped me SO much, I take terribly long showers and I never moisturize. Thank you so much for providing this Information.  

Hi! I have had eczema my whole life so I feel you. I get it on my face. I had a very extreme breakout earlier this year—I went to a holistic derm and it turned out I had a staph infection. As it turns out people with eczema are much more prone to staph overgrowth (yay us). She got me to try a product called GladSkin that is supposed to help balance the skin microbiome. I have been using it a few months and I love it. A tiny bit goes a long way. I use it 2x per day and also do CeraVe cream at night, and on my body. I also started eating healthier and added supplements like collagen, phytoceramides, Vitamin E, and fish oil to my diet. It’s all helped a lot.

Hi, I totally understand you because I have eczema as well and the best brand out there to help is eczema honey it's specifically made for people like you and me. It's a bit pricey but worth it I use it and there has been a huge difference. 

RE: Eczema

Hi! What worked for my eczema was a product called Satya. You can’t find it at Sephora unfortunately but you can order online :). I tried it after get awful eczema around one of my eyes. It is gentle, all natural, and it worked for me. Search for Satya Organic eczema relief. Hope that helps!

Have you tried "Eczema Honey"? It's not sold on Sephora and I'm not sure if it will help with rosacea. But I use it all the time and it really helps with eczema imo

@Anonymous, what kind of product are you looking for? Moisturizer, cleanser, etc?

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos1
  • 20201208_174930.jpg
testing