Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
Anonymous Insider

Eczema

What is a good brand of skincare products that will work for sensitive skin? I have eczema and most face washes break it out and some foundations do as well?

Re: Eczema

hey @Anonymous !

Agreed with @Marijay about the Bioderma pink cap Miscellar water, it's amazing for removing makeup!

I've had eczema prone skin since I was 3 years old 😞 the struggle is real! What I found was best was reading the ingredients in the products I apply to my face. To give you an example, I avoid all "bad" alcohols at all costs, this irritates me greatly. You can research the "good and bad alcohols" on google and you'll start noticing "bad" alcohols are in almost every product! If a product irritates me, I get eczema all over my eye area, even if I don't put the product on my eye lids! Here are the products I've used that haven't made me break out in eczema:

Makeup remover: Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution

Cleanser: Consonant Natural Foaming Face Wash and REN Cleansing Milk

Eye Cream: Consonant Ultra Moisturizing Organic Eye Cream

Face Cream: Consonant Ultra Moisturizing Face Cream for Dry Skin and Farmacy Sleep Tight Night Balm

Body Cream: Lush Dream Cream (the self preserving formula, you can always get a sample in store btw!) and Aderma EXOMEGA Emollient Cream and Emollient Balm (ok for real, the entire Aderma line is amazing for eczema but it's a bit greasy in comparison to the other creams and products above)

Hope this helps! PM or tag me if you need any other help!

Anonymous Insider

Re: Eczema

I have had eczema since I was born I use Bobbi brown it is  a wonderful brand and has a lot of moisture 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Eczema

I have eczema also and I use Clinique for pretty much everything and I haven't had a problem since. I've also recently started trying out Peter Thomas Roth products (the lines without perfume) and I really like it.

Hey there, my daughter has eczema as well, and we both ha...

Hey there, my daughter has eczema as well, and we both have sensitive skin. Bioderma micellar cleanser, with the PINK cap, is the only thing that works for both of us. Does not aggravate eczema or break us out. We both do a double cleanse - once for the makeup, once for the skin. You don't have to rinse it, but we both do with just plain tap water. It's killer at pulling off makeup, if you wear a heavy duty mascara just place the cleansing pads over your eyes for a few seconds. Several times a year they sell it in bonus packs too so you can save a few bucks. FYI, the one for dry skin breaks us out and we haven't tried the oily skin one. Just the pink cap works for us.
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing