cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Dry and Itchy legs!๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Does anyone have a recommendation for dry itchy legs especially a day or two after shaving? I use a really good razor and I thought I was moisturizing good! It keeps me up all night sometimes!

Aveno's Skin Relief line has a body wash and lotion line...

Aveno's Skin Relief line has a body wash and lotion line that I love. The body wash is creamy and leaves a smooth protective layer on your skin. The lotion is pretty soothing as well. My legs and arms are almost flake free and not importantly, they don't itch anymore!

Re: Dry and Itchy legs!๐Ÿ˜ฉ

@Anonymous I've tried putting on Neosporin on my legs after I get into the shower and that helps when I need it.  I use the generic version b/c it's much less expensive.

I actually think Neosporin is a great beauty gem.  I use it when I get ultra-dry patches of skin on my face, and I've also used it if I've over-picked a blemish.  Who knew?!

I'm so excited to that I'm not the only one who uses Neos...

I'm so excited to that I'm not the only one who uses Neosporin for their sensitive skin. It's pretty underrated as a skin care item in my opinion. The ingredients are pretty simple. It's worked wonders on my flare ups when I have a reaction or just some dry flakes. My skin cracks easily when it gets dry and irritated and many lotions and creams sting a lot. Neosporin to the rescue!
Anonymous Insider

I don't have any recs on body lotion (I'm always trying out new ones trying to find a better one), but I swapped up my shaving techniques a little bit and it did help some with the bumps. If you wash your legs really well with antibacterial soap and a clean washcloth right before you shave, it seems to help (I forget where I read to do this, somewhere out there on the Internet). I guess less inflammation since you're exfoliating with something that's getting rid of bacteria right before you are shaving. I have been using Mederma dry oil immediately after shaving, and my legs like that a lot, but it seems so overpriced based on the ingredients. There has to be a better product somewhere, but maybe the key is more that it's oil instead of lotion right then? Not really sure on that part.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Dry and Itchy legs!๐Ÿ˜ฉ

If youโ€™re not allergic you should try a goatโ€™s milk lotion. Iโ€™ve always had problems with dry skin and once I discovered this it was life changing!!!
Anonymous Insider

RE: Dry and Itchy legs!๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Thank you I will have to try it!

I also have very sensitive, itchy legs, to the point where I will get open sores sometimes, even with regular lotion-use.

I recently started trying Shaveworks' line of products for sensitive shavers, and I like it so far. They have a shaving cream and a post-shower gel. These products contain ingredients/antibiotics to help reduce a big problem of unexplained itching: ingrown hairs and/or clogged pores. For some people it's really easy to get hairs or bacteria trapped in their pores while shaving, and that can get really itchy and inflammed. That's an issue that won't really be calmed down with just post-shaving lotion use alone. It seems that this could potentially be your problem as ingrown hairs/clogged pores might not immediately be irritated, unlike razor burn, but would start to become inflammed in the following days.

I haven't been using it for long, but so far I have noticed a reduction in my itchiness after a shower and shave, and I can physically see a significant reduce in redness/bumps in my armpits specifically.

There's a $10 sample of both products:

https://www.sephora.com/product/get-smooth-duo-P379303?skuId=1528728&icid2=shaveworks_bestsellers_ca...

but fyi for me the shaving cream sample ran out reaaaally fast.

If you want to go ahead and try the full size they are here:

https://www.sephora.com/product/pearl-souffle-luxurious-shave-cream-P381429?skuId=1548072&icid2=shav...

https://www.sephora.com/product/the-cool-fix-P238412?skuId=1187871&icid2=shaveworks_bestsellers_caro...

A few other tidbits: the shaving cream doesn't foam, it creates like a clear gel barrier over your skin. This feels nice and seems like a good protective between your skin and the razor- but as it doesn't really have a color you will need to feel while you're shaving to make sure you don't shave over the same spot a bunch of times. The cooling gel is really nice, and sometimes I couple it with lotion for extra softness. I think the cooling gel in particular is a game changer because of the antibacterial.

Also make sure you keep up with good shaving hygiene techniques, like rinsing your razor (and obviously changing the blade) and if you use something to wash, like a loofah, it needs to be replaced regularly because they collect bacteria. A washcloth should be washed in warm water (like with your other towels) regularly.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Dry and Itchy legs!๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Thank you so much for all the info! I'm going to give it a try. I do deal with ingrown hairs ๐Ÿ˜ซ for years! It's annoying!!!!! I tried waxing, but it still didn't help.

Re: RE: Re: Dry and Itchy legs!๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Yes they are!! ๐Ÿ˜ง I hope it helps, and/or that you find a solution for your skin!

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing