Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Drunk Elephant burned the heck out of my skin!

Hey there

So 2 weeks ago I purchased the Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream as well as the Night Bright and Rise and Glow duo. 

I used it religiously for 2 weeks. It burned a bit but the results were great! Towards the end of the 2nd week, I applied the Night Bright product and it burned SO BADLY for maybe 5 mins. I woke up the next day with bumps (not pimples) all over my chin and around my mouth and red blotches on my neck. I stopped using the product but now I have a lot of peeling/flaking of my skin! 

What a disaster! Obv. I will be returning these products.  

I'm in my mid-40s and now in the market for new products for my finicky skin.

I use Olehenriksen face wash and the Amore Pacific Enzyme peel. These are fine.

I'm looking to add a day cream, night cream, eye cream and some serums.

My biggest concerns are dark spots that need to fade, medium sized pores and fine lines and wrinkles...

Suggestions???

Thanks guys!

Re: Drunk Elephant burned the heck out of my skin!

@Serre

Unless you are experienced with AHA's/BHA's, theres no reason to apply Framboos daily. This is human error, not product error. 

I can chemically exfoliate twice a day, everyday. My skin is used to it. 

@Serre Sounds like you have over-exfoliated your skin. Not everyone's skin can handle daily AHA use. I would let your skin rest for good 3-4 weeks before re-introducing any kind of exfoliants, and do it gradually, start with 2 - max 3 times a week, and see if there's even a need for more frequent exfoliation.

Were you shaking up the TLC Framboos Night serum each time before you applied it? If not, the acids in the formula may have congregated at the bottom of the bottle which would explain why you developed this reaction towards the end of the bottle. I use it nightly and I've never experienced what you did.  If you want to continue to use an acid treatment, you could try Sunday Riley Good Genes. It's gentler on the skin and some people prefer it to Drunk Elephant for that reason.  However, I would wait a few weeks to let your skin recover first before you try any new treatments.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing