Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Does Nurse Jamie Uplift irritate people with Nickel allergy?

I have allergy to Nickel (those skin irritations and rashes after wearing cheap jewelry anyone?) , and I once read in a review that a lady got skin reaction after using Nurse Jamie Uplift roller...now I did check and it does contain Nickel, have you had the experience? I wanna buy it so bad but I can't risk the allergic reaction either 😞

RE: Does Nurse Jamie Uplift irritate people with Nickel allergy?

I was tested and found i am allergic to metal . I do feel wearing fake earring are not ascomfort as silver. however, i am not sure there's test for identify the exact metal. I like to aviod or use less. Well actually, might not too harmful for just one time use.but it depends on the person. And everyone has their cases.
Anonymous Insider

Re: Does Nurse Jamie Uplift irritate people with Nickel allergy?

I don't know if you are still checking for  replies but I will let you know - if you have any metal allergy DO NOT USE.  I bought this product from another site late last spring.   I noticed redness but assumed it was from increased circulation. WRONG.  A few months later I was full blown red faced and the derm dx me with rosacea.  I used metrogel every day and night as prescribed and also a medication that was supposed to remove the redness immediately.  Well it didn't work.   I now have full blown redness all the time, swollen eyes and my eye lids stay red and swollen all the time.   The metal in the roller apparently triggered the reaction which is now fully active all the time.  You know like your ears when you get the nickel reaction going and every little thing causes them to swell and get nasty.  This is the worst mistake I ever made and wish I had never saw it on a home shopping channel and wish I had never trusted my face to this tool.  Sorry and don't mean to discourage others but if you've ever had any kind of skin reaction to anything - don't worry about aging, worry about what you could end up experiencing and can't get rid of.  

RE: Does Nurse Jamie Uplift irritate people with Nickel allergy?

I don’t know for sure because I’ve never experienced anything like that. But as long as you are not allergic to nickel then you should be good. If you are not sure , ask your doctor and see if you can get some tests.
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing